Chapter 26

After a couple of hours just talking, I asked Katie to sleep over because it was already night.

"No no it's okay, I can walk home. It's not that far" she said walking to the front door.

"Please! Stay over! I would love to have some girl company. I'm always stuck up with... that." I said pointing over at Diego.

"Hey! I'm right here you know!" Diego said. "I don't give a shit" I said sticking my tongue out.

"Alright then" Katie finally said walking back into the living room with me.

"Katie is staying over here, is that ok?" I asked Diego.

I actually am trying to be kind and just be friends with him.

I'm trying.

"Yeah sure" he said looking up from his laptop. "Thank you" I smiled. He smiled back at me with his oh so cute smile.

"So Katie, how are things going with that man? Ehm I forgot his name, you know your boss" Diego asked.

"Uhm well I'm not really interested in him" Katie said with a nervous laugh.

"Oh, that's sad. What about any other men? Did you meet your love of your life yet?" Diego asked adding wink.

I'm actually really surprised he's interested in Katie's love life. He's never interested in anything but his work.

"I'm actually not really interested in any men to be honest and who knows, maybe I met my love of my life already" Katie said looking at Diego.

Diego's face expression softened if that was even possible.

"Oh, so you're gay?" He asked if it was something he expected.

"Hundred percent" Katie said proudly.