My cringy chapter

Riley sighed and closed the door to the passengers seat. She was still breathing heavily. "Farkle someone just tried to attack me!" She shouted. He frowned "what?" Riley explained the situation and after they had sat there for a long time she started to cry. "I'm so stupid" she said "I'm so sorry for making you come back to the school." "Riley, come on, it's not your fault." He looked at her "and you're not stupid." She sighed. Riley frowned and stared at Farkle. "What?" He asked, she smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Okay it would probably be fastest if we split up" Farkle said. Riley frowned "I don't wanna go back in there especially not alone". "If you think I'm leaving your side while I go back in there you're in for an annoyingly clingy surprise." Farkle looked at her and smiled. "I don't see how anyone could find you annoying, Riley Matthews." She smiled and looked at the ground. Farkle interlocked arms with her and they started walking to the entrance. Riley stopped " where are we going?" He frowned " well I was going to the doors..." Riley shook her head "they're all locked." He looked confused "okay so how'd you..." Riley pulled him the short distance to the widow she shattered earlier. "Holy! Riley! Are you insane?! This is destruction of property! Breaking and entering?! You could go to jail!" Riley smiled sexily "yeah, and so could you, accomplice.". She winked and walked through the door. Farkle, against his better judgment, followed the Angel, that was Riley Matthews into the hallway. "Hey Farkle turn on your flashlight." She called. it was pitch black in there. He pulled out his phone and flipped  his flashlight on. "Those are my shoes!" She exclaimed running after them. Riley hugged the shoes to her chest while Farkle scanned the room for her phone with his flashlight. Riley swayed back and forth with her beloved shoes. When suddenly. A creaking sound. Farkle looked up. "Riley did you hear that?" He turned the flashlight so he could see her she looked like a deer in head lights. "It came from up somewhere" she said and he agreed. Farkle shined the flashlight scanning the ceiling. Then a scream. A very Loud scream. Followed by another. Riley fell to the ground her knees unable to support her. Farkle was too scared to move. He was frozen in fear. Riley started crying and screaming. Just then she spotted her glistening phone a few feet away. She crawled to it, miserable. "LUCAS" she dialled is number "LUCAS WHERE ARE YOU ANSWER ME LUCAS" she was balling and rambling things that didn't make sense. "HELP AT THE SCHOOL AND ZAY..DEAD. HES GONA LUCASAS HELP." The phone hung up. Riley looked at Farkle who was still staring frozen at a rope tied around the neck of their old friend, Zay. His neck was purple and his face was horrified, scared, dead. His whole body was limp. But his eyes were wide opened. Riley laid on the floor unsure of what to do. She just kept screaming. Then she heard  someone burst through the door. "Riley where are you?!" Riley crawled up from the ground and sprinted as fast as she could into Maya's arms. She crumbled into her still sobbing. Maya looked at Lucas who was like Farkle. Frozen in fear And agony. Maya followed his eyes all the way over to Zay. Poor, poor Zay. Maya hit the ground. And everything went black.

What do you think happened between Riley and farkle that they didn't tell Lucas and Maya?

Do you think Zay's death was a suicide?