Chapter 6

NAKATINGIN lang ako sa mukha ni Shawn na tila natutuwa sa nangyari. Miss Chen pala ha! I sat on the couch comfortably trying not to be affected by what just happened. You're used to it, Alliyah. You're used to it. I said to calm and prevent myself for overreacting.

"So?" I turned my gaze to Shawn who was sitting on his chair—you can already tell he's the boss here by the way he sit and how his elbow was placed on the desk and his hands were intertwined below his chin. I arched my brow at him, ano 'to nakalimutan nya na pinunta ko?

"So?" I said too, still with my masungit look. He stared at me and a smirk formed in his lips. "What?" I asked in annoyance that he just answered with shaking his head.

"Nothing."

"Please, we know nothing always means something." I said. He chuckled and I became irritated because I don't know what he finds so amusing. "You might be very close with Miss Chen, 'no?"

"Sorry, I just can't get over with your reaction earlier." he apologized. Well, I can say he wasn't sincere because he was still holding his laugh. "Come here," he commanded. But I refused and just rolled my eyes at him. He sighed and when he realized that I'm not going near him, he stood up and sat beside me.

"Wife," he said. I don't know if he said that because he wanted to or to annoy me again. However, I don't care why. I instantly love that word when he says it."'Di kami close, I just met her the other day since she was with her father."

I heaved a sigh, too. I always feel a little but guilty whenever he explains to me. I don't know why. "Sorry, I was just surprised about her actions. Not a big deal, though!" I said trying to sound as cheerful as I could be. I chuckled. "Let's eat lunch, shall we?" I stood up while holding his hands forcing him to stand up too.

"So, we're fine?" he asked. I smiled at him.

"Who even said we weren't?" I answered that made him grin widely as he stood up. "Should we tell Jonathan? He's in his office."

"You've seen him?" he asked. I answered by nodding. "He already knows and it's lunch time." I just shrugged my shoulder.

"I changed my mind." I just stared at him. Wha— "Let's go eat outside."

---

Lumabas na kami ng opisina nya at dumiretso sa elevator. I didn't used my card since Shawn already has his'. Wala naman kaming naging problema sa paglalakad papunta sa kotse. Maliban sa sobrang higpit ng hawak nya sa kamay ko pero okay na rin dahil hindi naman nya ako hinihila which I was thankful for. Dahil di'ba mahilig ito manghila?

"So, where to?" tanong ko pagsakay nya sa backseat.

"I want to go to tagaytay but we don't have the time." he said. "Take us to Infinity resto," the driver nodded then started the engine. Natawa naman ako sa sinabi nya. "What's funny?"

"You want to eat lunch sa tagaytay, huh?"

"Yeah, with you." napangiti naman ako sa kanya. "I want to go to this restaurant in tagaytay where they have a very nice view of the Taal volcano and the lake. I went there few years ago and ikaw lang ang nasa isip ko n'on."

"Really?" I asked then let a laugh escape my mouth.

"Yes, really!"

"Gusto ko sanang sabihin na naalala mo ako dahil sa volcano, but since I don't want to ruin your moment, sige kinilig ako." sabi ko kaya natawa naman si Shawn.

"That was years ago pero I'm still thinking what would be your reaction if you saw the view." he said. "You know, it was perfect--No, something was missing, you. yet, everything else was perfect. The cold air against your skin, the smell of the  nature, the scenery, oh and the food!"