Chapter 15

The first thing Alice does when we step back into the house is fly towards me. The moment her eyes catch sight of the mark on my neck, she's already standing in front of me. It's a lot like she did with the hickey. She squeals as she steps away, clapping her hands excitedly.

"OhmyGodOhmyGodOhMyGod! By the Goddess you marked her" she seems overly pleased because she keeps repeating it. Austin holds me near him, his arm slung around my waist as we laugh at his sister's theatrics.

"Alice, chill" I put my hands on my friend's shoulders and she lets out a quick breath. "You good?"

"I'm good" she nods and we walk towards Clyde's office where nearly everyone else in the pack is standing. Well, all the high ranking fighters. As they look to me and Austin walking in, Alice announces his marking. "Austin marked her!"

"I thought you said you were good" I protest, flicking her ear. She chuckles.

"I'm never good" she snipes, winking at me. I roll my eyes, letting Austin tighten his arm a little, a little squeeze as he tries to tell me something. Everyone is looking at us. Clyde raises an eyebrow, checking to see if it's true. I nod, bearing my neck a little. He smiles.

"Great, now we have to suffer from him being even more protective of you" David shakes his head and Austin growls quietly. "Now no one's allowed to even look at you, otherwise he'll attack us"

"If he does then I'll do what I did last night" I look to Austin and he gapes down at me. "Don't look at me like that, Austin. If you attack anyone because they look at then I'll kick you out the bedroom again" a laugh sounds from the others in the room. Austin flips me off and turns to the others.

"When did the meeting start?" Austin asks, leading us further into the room. There's one seat available but Austin doesn't even give me the chance to think about sitting on the floor. He sits down, pulling me onto his lap.

"It was meant to start three hours ago" Clive comments and I blush at how long we made them wait. "Where were you?"

"The lake" Austin answers.

"The one that's beyond our borders?" Clyde asks eyebrows up. He doesn't like it when Austin nods. "Why would you go there? We can't get to you in time if anything were to happen"

"Why did you take me there?" I look up at Austin and he shushes me. "Did you just shush me?"

"I did and I'm about to do it again. Shh" I roll my eyes, meeting Clyde's amused eyes. "This is what I'm destined with" Austin points to me helplessly, earning a light chuckle from the audience of males.

"Take it or leave it, Your Highness" I cross my arms and look expectantly to Clyde. Only I hear the quiet grumbling of Austin's wolf. "What's the meeting about?"

"It seems Red Blood has just attacked another pack. It's not Silverstone but White Mist. They are a close and loyal ally of Black Shadow so I will be sending fighters immediately to assist them" Clyde informs us all, sitting back on his chair.

"They're already on the highway as we speak Alpha. They should arrive in the next three hours depending on traffic" Clive adds. This meeting is a hell of a lot more formal than the ones Dad has so I'm instantly trying to take more interest into it. It's awkward being the only girl, not even Trish is in the room and Alice had left after announcing the mark. "Humans are always doing roadworks and are stupid drivers"

"Clive, let's not turn this into a debate on humans" Clyde warns his brother and Clive winks at me. Despite his order, Clyde says it lightly. Obviously they've already had debates on humans. "Red Blood are attacking allies of ours more and more; we need to act now before they wipe us out. Lunas, Alpha's heirs and Alphas themselves are being slaughtered with each year. We've lost two Lunas and an heir in the past six months from three different packs. They are turning to us for aide and protection" hearing the actions of Red Blood makes my blood boil. They are monsters. Clyde's looking between all of us and I notice everyone looking focused and serious as their Alpha speaks.