chapter 10 - Wrecked

It was the next morning when we woke up.

I held my black leather skirt over my chest, looking around the fallen through building, frowning, looking at Spike, seeing that he had fingernail markings in his chest as well as a hickey. "When... when did the building fall down?"

Spike looked around. "I don't know. Must have been some time between the first time and the, uh..."

Spike smirked, chuckling.

I was processing. "Oh. Oh, my God."

   ~~~~~~ 

I was getting dressed, looking around. "Shoe. I need my shoe."

Spike was still lying on the floor, naked. "What's the hurry, love?"

"The hurry is I left Dawn all night," I answered, pulling on my shoe. "And my mother was at the hospital, working."

"I just don't see why you have to run off so quick," Spike told me. "Thought we could..."

Spike waggled his eyebrows.

I saw my jacket on the ground, walking closer. "Shut up, Spike."

I reached down to grab my skirt.

Spike grabbed my arm, pulling me onto his lap. "Another time, then?"

I wrapped my arm around his neck, kissing him for a moment, pulling away. "I--I have to..."

"Stay," Spike told me. "I'm stuck here." He looked up. "Sun's up." 

  I sighed, shaking my head, standing, backing away. "I can't. Dawn's probably with Tara or Willow or Buffy right now, and they're wondering where I am, and..."

I pulled on my jacket.

Spike stood, pulling on his jeans. "Right. Of course. Your family and friends, who treat me like dirt and your whipping boy. You're worried about what they might think." He walked closer. "But last night changed things for the two of us. It was a revelation." I looked at him silently, sighing. "I've tasted it. I may be dirt, but you're the one who likes to roll in it, Slayer. You never had it so good as me. Never."

I pulled my hair out from underneath my jacket. "I don't regret last night, Spike. Don't make that change."

Spike seemed pleased, backing off. "Right, then." He reached into the back pocket of his jeans, pulling something out. "You're gonna want these, too."

Spike held up a pair of lacy white underwear.

I gave him a look, taking them from him, walking out, leaving.

   ~~~~~~ 

I walked into the kitchen at my house.

Mom and Dawn were there.

Mom was still in her work clothes from last night, cooking pancakes.

"Zoey," Dawn told me. "Uh, where were you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I told them.

"You're not," Mom told me. "You're all sore and limpy."

"I--I'm not... sore," I told them, sitting down. "I just... I had a fight, you know. The... all-nighter kind."

"Figured," Dawn told me. "I knew that's why you didn't call. So, what's the big bad? Uh, should we be worried?"

I shook my head. "No. I mean, I--I think you guys are... are safe."