Three: Going Grey and Saving Private Ryan

(A/N)

Hey! Chapter three is here! This one is quite long haha! And this one is dedicated to Rachellllll because it was her that encouraged me to update so thank youu ily lots and lots:*

I really hope you enjoy this chapter, a bit more of Niall now he's finally in the story!

Thank you so much for reading! Please Vote, Comment your opinions and Fan and all that blah!

Enjoyyy ily.

✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻✻

Three

"Zita," I beamed back as politely as I could. Wow, something inside me already knows he's a good guy...must be why I'm being so nice. I've built up this hard faced character over the past day or so, what with my Dad and then this Liam guy. And now all of a sudden my hard exterior is crumbling down. That didn't last very long, well not as long as I expected it to.

"Mind if I sit here?" Niall pointed towards the seat where my bag was currently perched.

I looked around the room for a short second, seeing well over half a dozen empty chairs that were more than okay for him to sit on but decided to ignore it. At closer inspection, each of them seemed perfectly fine; no broken legs, no rips on the cushioning of the seat.

"Of course," I smiled, placing my bag on the floor near my feet as Niall moved around the back of the chairs and sat beside me. I smiled as he looked towards me, grinning brightly. His teeth were perfect, like literally perfect. As was his sense of style, actually. Niall's outfit seemed causal yet classy, sort of like the male version of the look I was aiming for (very unsuccessfully) this morning. He was wearing regular jeans and a plain-ish T-Shirt which I couldn't really see as it was covered with an unbuttoned flannel shirt. It didn't seem like there was much effort put into his outfit, but I liked it. It suited him. His hair was blonde but with clear brown roots coming through and it was slightly up in a quiff like Liam's before.

Ugh Liam. Niall's nothing like him, I know that already. Niall's actually made a good first impression on me so far, rather than abruptly asking me to move out of the way on a completely clear pathway. For a while, people were getting called up one by one, random people around us that I honestly didn't even know were there. Each time a person would be called, I'd jump a little and Niall would smile and chuckle quietly to himself. There was a silence between the two of us for a good five or six minutes, (with Niall just staring forward smiling or adjusting the edge of his shirt every now and again as he played with the buttons), but I felt no need to push the conversation. After all, what do you ask someone you've only just met and know absolutely nothing about? It's not like I could just straight up ask him about his life when I know nothing about it, or him, or his reaction to me being so invasive. It's completely unnecessary for me to have such a serious sort of conversation with the random guy I'm sat next to in the University reception, is there? He might not even want to talk to the random girl he's sat next to, the nerves radiating off both of us hot enough to start a fire. I guess he was getting interviewed as well today.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Niall spoke out randomly. My head snapped to face him once again, that boy has a thing for catching me off guard with his erratic statements.

"What is?" I asked; we weren't talking about anything and I'd just suddenly gotten distracted, were we? No I don't think so...

"Saving Private Ryan," he answered.

"Oh yeah," I smiled, remembering the conversation from before, that must be what he was bringing up.

"Have you read the book? Written by Max Allan Collins?" Niall inquired, tilting his head to face me more. Smart one. Realising that I must be at least a little into books if I'm sat in this reception waiting to be interviewed to become a student at a literature-based university. Well it didn't take a genius.