Chapter 4

I stayed there in the apartment building with Hunter for another couple of days.We talked and he taught me how to hunt for animals. I actually forgot about the others for a little while.

On the 9th day I stayed with him, I woke up. Opening my eyes slowly. He was lying right beside me looking at me, he smiled "Good morning Zoey" He said smiling "How did you sleep Hunter?" I asked "Oh I um... don't really sleep at all" He said "Well I can't" He said "Oh I'm sorry to hear that" I answered. He rolled off the bed and then climbed up the wall nearest to the door. I shut my eyes and tried to fall back asleep. After about 5 minutes, I heard him climb onto the ceiling right above me. He climbed down onto the spot beside me and started combing through my hair with his long nails. I turned around and opened my eyes. He'd put his hood back, his eyes were bloodshot red and were a pale white colour. He shut them and pulled his hood over his entire face. His hair was a ruffled type and a light brown colour "Oh I'm so sorry you had to see that Zoey" He said "No it's fine" I said and pulled his hoodie back "Please open your eyes" I asked. He opened them and I looked into them. Sure his eyes weren't exactly soothing but they were different "I hate them" He said "They're unique" I said "You have beautiful hair" He said combing through it again. My face turned red. His face was relaxed and he continued stroking my hair until I was fast asleep.

When I woke up, it looked like it was about 11 in the morning. Hunter was gone. I stood up and went outside. He was on top of the roof across from the apartment building. He looked like he was stalking some type if animal. He pounced all the way down from the building with his hands out in front of him. He made a screeching noise just like the guys had told me. He attacked a small animal I think it was a raccoon. He carried it in his mouth and climbed up the building like a bug. I looked down an I saw he had put his hood back on. He hopped up onto the railing and spat the raccoon across the room "Well that was attractive" I said sarcastically "I can be if I want to, but you know, my body is kind of rotting so it wouldn't work too well" He said in an almost upset voice "You remember having a girlfriend before?" I asked "Naw, I never really found any interest in any of them that liked me, or any in general actually" He said "Same. I was always more of one of the guys to them" I replied

"Zoey?"

"Yeah?"

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen...like ever"

I blushed like a little girl. He jumped down from the railing he was perched on and stood right in front of me as I was leaning against a wall beside the door "You wanna know something?" He said his face just inches away from mine. His skin was a pale blue colour "What?" I said "If I weren't dead and had this stupid disease, I'd kiss you" He said. Now my face was really red. I leaned in to kiss him but he backed away "Zoey, as much I lust for you, I just simply can't. I'll turn you into one of us. I don't want you to be like that" He said turning around so his back was facing me. He turned his head to the left. I walked up behind him and turned his head to face mine "I know what we can do" I said "What?"

"We have to go to Canada and get you cured, or make me immune" I said holding onto his shoulder.

~Oooooooooooooo will they go to Canada? Twist for you guys! ~