The Red Room

I immediately regretted walking in to the room as soon as that door opened. It reeked of bleach, on top of ammonia, on top of blood.

As I scrambled, I couldn't help but grip on to my last string of reality as I searched around the empty red room. My eyes wandered over the walls, finally noticing how the red paint was fresh and dripping down making small crimson puddles. Or how the curtains were merely covering over the wall. My mind raced as I thought of how odd it was to have curtains over a wall with no window in sight, but that only made me curious. I ran my hand through my hair and continued to search, it's not until I saw the deep indentions running from the ceiling to the floor, that I actually asked myself what I was doing here.

I had already began to run until I had realized that I didn't know where I was going. I knew I had just walked through the door that was right there, was, it had made no sense.

"Help" I screamed as I banged my fist on the wall, paint splattering from my fist to the ground. I screamed until my throat burned. I whimpered out one last silent plea.

Exasperated and drained I sank to the floor, I flanced to the corner under the curtain and noticed a small platter, one that wasn't there minutes before, with what looked to be a cookie of some sort lying neatly atop it, I crawled over and gently picked up the ripped piece of paper that was laying beside it. I carefully read out the words, "Eat me", I am not one to follow rules, but if this was the answer to getting out of here, I was eating that cookie.

Carefully, I picked it up with two fingers and took a bite. I chewed and chewed, it was as if there was no taste, I continued chewing out of fear of swallowing. The longer it lingered in my mouth the quicker it seemed to disappear. I cried out in despair as every bone in my body felt like they were being crushed to dust, I could feel my skin being ripped and torn, my eyes bleeding all while I was sinking, I was drifting farther and farther down, and with every inch my whole body seemed to hurt more, my lungs were deflating and my heart was slowing down. I reached the floor with one last crack as my body seemed to put itself back together. I pulled my fingers through my hair and down my sides to make sure my body was still intact. I quickly brushed the tear away that was making its way down my cheek.

I looked up to see a door, a very small door that was not here earlier, I inch towards it and reach for the knob, I jiggled it as hard as I could but there was no luck. I felt a tug from my dress and stuck my hand into my pocket and pulled out a key, I didn't even question it this time only because I knew that I had no answers.

The song of the story is Mad Hatter- Melanie Martinez

Remember to
Vote
And
Comment

Thank You❤

-MIRANDA