02

the two boys had been walking for about ten minutes, neither speaking a word. the younger boy eventually spoke up, "hyung?"

yoongi blankly glanced over at the boy.

"come on... talk to me. i'm sorry, alright? i'm just.. really scared," jeongguk admitted.

"scared of what?"

"well, i'm scared that we won't find jimin hyung and- and i'm scared that i could be next."

"jeongguk, we don't know that someone took him. you can't just assume things."

"hyung."

yoongi raised an eyebrow at him.

"you and i both know that he wouldn't leave or run away out of nowhere," he stated matter-of-fact, a glare etched onto his face.

"we still can't rule it out though," yoongi responded with a sigh.

"i guess," jeongguk mumbled.

"let's just focus on trying to find any sort of evidence or sign of jimin, okay?" after receiving a nod of agreement, they continued walking.

a few minutes later, yoongi suddenly grabbed jeongguk's wrist and pulled him in a different direction, causing the boy to stumble.

"what the hell—"

"what is that?" yoongi questioned, shining his flashlight on the ground a few feet away.

also shining his flashlight on the area, jeongguk stepped closer to the object.

"it looks like something metal," he muttered upon closer inspection.

"metal?"

something clicked in yoongi's head and he hurriedly picked the object up, closely examining it and running his fingertips over the words engraved into it. he shut his eyes tightly and gripped the object in his fist.

"hyung...?" jeongguk softly spoke up, uncurling yoongi's fist and taking the object into his own hand. as soon as he looked at it, he knew what it was.

it was the ring yoongi had gifted jimin on his birthday.

"yoongi hyung..."

"someone took him.."

"what?" jeongguk's eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"someone took jimin. he would have never let this get away from him willingly. he must have been struggling and fighting them..." yoongi trailed off. he took a deep breath before declaring, "i'm going to find him... we are going to find him. no matter how long it takes...

we are going to find jimin."

authors note:
im sorry it took so long to update and im sorry it's not very long!
ive had a lot going on so please forgive me.
i hope you enjoy the update!

what do you guys think about yoongi's reaction to finding the ring?

any comments or ideas about anything?