Reunion

As soon as I left Gaius's quarters, I made my way to the gate. I ducked into a side alley and stopped when I reached the wall. I pushed in the center of the wall, and it slid open to reveal an opening in the castle wall. I had found the secret passage out of Camelot years before, and since I never told anyone about it, no one else knew that it was there. It had helped me sneak out without alerting the guards many times.

I followed the strong tug in my chest, and was soon on the road again. I followed the tug throughout the night, and the farther I traveled, the stronger the tug seemed to get.

Once the light was bright enough to see by, I realized where the pull was taking me. I had traveled this way, with Merlin, only once before.

The tug was leading me to Ealdor. When I realized that, the tug suddenly vanished. I was confused for a moment before it suddenly clicked in my head. Merlin truly didn't want to be found, so he hid where he was with magic. I could still feel the bond, but I no longer knew where exactly Merlin was.

I picked up my speed, fast walking so that I didn't tire myself out, to get to Ealdor before he disappeared again. It was only a matter of time before he did. And I still had a few days before I managed to get there.

(Merlin's Point of View)

Arthur was running towards me, shouting something that I couldn't yet hear. I wanted to run away from him, from the pain that was in my chest, but my legs were planted firmly in place. I couldn't move.

Arthur reached me, and he doubled over, gasping for breath. He was so close to me that I could smell him, the intoxicating scent that I had gotten so addicted to. It cause more pain, and my eyes overflowed with salt as the pain became too much to keep locked inside.

"Merlin... Come back." Arthur said between pants. I was confused by what he had said. After all, he most likely hated me for my magic. There was no reason why he should be asking me to come back.

"... Why? Why would you ask me that when I am everything you have been taught to hate?" I whispered between us. I didn't want to hear the answer, but I knew that I had to ask him. If nothing else, I needed him to see what he truly wanted.

"I don't hate you Merlin. I could never hate you. You have magic? So what? You have always used it for good, I know that now. I shouldn't have called you a liar, nor pulled a sword on you. There is nothing I can do to take it back. I do not deserve your forgiveness, but I am begging you to come back. I want my friend, my adviser, and my love back. Please." Arthur said, and he looked at me. I could see the desperation in his eyes. I spoke words, words that summoned my magic up to me.

"Et revelabitur veritas et mendacium desinere." I said, knowing perfectly well what I was doing. Arthur watched as my eyes turned golden, but he didn't look afraid. He just looked broken.

"Tell me again that you want me to go back with you. There will be no lies from now on." I said, trying my hardest not to let hope blossom. I was fighting a losing battle, I knew, but i tried nonetheless.

"I need you back Merlin. I'm lost without you. I need you more than I need air to breathe. I love you." Arthur said, and I knew then that he was telling the truth. Tears flooded my eyes, tears of happiness. I launched myself into his arms, and cried there, reveling in the familiar feeling of him holding me close.

"I thought I had lost you. I thought I had destroyed everything that had happened between us... I thought you hated me." I said. I didn't give him a chance to respond, I just kissed him. That simple kiss melted away all of my pain, all of my fear.