Chapter 2

I heard a low growl and quickly jumped to my feet; I scanned he area for any signs of signs of the guard dogs. Behind me I heard footsteps, I turned around and saw 3 guys standing in the alley. I immediately knew they were guard dogs. The one in the middle was the alpha, I recognized him from my days in the lab at Steel Creek. "Parker, long time no see buddy, did you miss me?" I said casually. "Shut it cat boy." Parker snapped. "Aww, did someone not get their dog treat today?" I teased. "Don't try me." Parker said angrily "Anyway, there's no where left for you to run, just be a good kitty and let the dogs do what we do best. Ripping cats to pieces." "I thought you needed me alive." I asked. "We do, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun." Parker motioned to the 2 guys beside him "Get him."

The 2 guys ran towards me, changing into their werewolf like appearances as they went. I can take one or two guard dogs, but three is a different story. In that brief moment, I scanned the alley and saw a wall that I could use to climb up to the roof tops. I bent my legs and jumped, I sailed over my attackers and connected with the wall. I dug my claws into the brick and began to scramble frantically up the wall, but I wasn't fast enough. One of the guard dogs grabbed my leg and pulled me off, pinning me on the ground below. I refused to be beaten that easily. I swiped one of my clawed hands across his face, he howled with pain and let me go, tightly pressing his hand against his face where my claws had made deep gashes in his skin. I spun around and ran towards the entrance where Parker was waiting, he narrowed his eyes as he saw me running towards him and he braced himself with his legs slightly apart.

At the last second I slid underneath his legs and kept running out of the alley onto the street. I heard Parker howl with rage, but I didn't stop running. It was early, maybe 7 or 8 in the morning, but that didn't stop a whole bunch of people from clogging the streets. It was actually good, in a way that I could blend in easier, but also bad because I was putting innocent people in danger and the guard dogs would be harder to spot. I looked back, no sign of the guard dogs, I slowed my pace and began to blend in with the many people walking around on the street. I just hoped my cat ears and tail would not be noticed, I was taking a huge risk by going out in the public during day light, this move could make or break me.