Chapter 27

We landed on the roof of an abandoned apartment building. Corey put Parker down and I jumped out of Fawn's arms and changed into my human form. Fawn turned to me "You're taller than before." "I'll explain shortly, let's get out of the open." I said. "Fair enough. Follow me." Fawn said.

She led us into a staircase. We climbed down a flight of stairs and then we came to a metal door. Fawn opened the door and motioned us in "Welcome to mine and Corey's home." Inside the room was actually pretty cozy. In one corner there were some blankets and pillows in a heap by the wall. Fawn had her own space with her laptop and a few various gadgets and parts lying around it on the floor. Beside the pile of blankets and pillows there was a stack of books; I guessed that they belonged to Corey, since Fawn told me he liked to read. "Make yourself at home." Corey said while pushing us inside. Parker sat down by Corey, but Fawn pulled me aside "So what was it you want to tell me?" I explained to Fawn how Parker broke me out of the lab and how Max and his goons attacked us. "Well that explains that, but what did they do to you?" Fawn asked. "Uh......I'd rather not talk about it." I said quietly. "Sorry. Didn't mean to be nosy." Fawn said quickly. "It's fine, but Parker needs help. I think Max did something to his shoulder." I said.

"Hey Corey!" "Yeah whatcha need sis?" Corey asked. "Can you take a look at Parker's shoulder?" Fawn asked. "Sure." Corey turned to Parker "Would you mind if I examine your shoulder?" Parker looked really uncertain. "Don't worry. Corey is really good at being a doctor, he knows his stuff, plus he's helped me out a couple of times." I said. "Ok." Parker said "Go ahead."

Corey began feeling carefully around Parker's shoulder "Let's see, are you able to move your arm up and down?" "Barely." Parker replied. "Give me just a second." Corey said, he then stared at Parker's shoulder for a minute. Without warning Corey grabbed Parker's wrist and slowly began pulling his arm away from his body, shortly after we heard a pop and the intense look of pain on Parker's face faded "Keep your arm still." Corey said. He went and got a pillow case and used it to make a sling "There ya go bro, good as new." Corey said. "Thanks Corey you really helped me out." Parker said. "You're welcome." Corey replied. "Great, now that we're all settled how about some lunch?" Fawn said cheerfully.

"What do you mean you lost them?" Cirrus said

"What do you mean you lost them?" Cirrus said. "They escaped with 2 flying hybrids." Max said. "Take a patrol and search the city, I need them both back here alive." "Yes sir." Max replied. Cirrus hung up and walked into the lab "My experiment's almost complete, all I have to do is perfect this last part then Cameron will be all mine."