Chapter 35

Even though it was dark outside you wouldn't really be able to tell unless you passed a dark alley. Thankfully Anton led us to an active part of town; this way we could blend in easier. We stopped a little ways away from the entrance to the subway tunnel to regroup "So where to now?" Anton asked while tucking his tail into his hoodie. "Great question." I replied "Anywhere but New York City I guess." Fawn pulled the good of my jacket over my head "You might want hide your ears and tail." "Yeah, that's probably a good idea." I replied.

Once we had made ourselves look as normal as we could; we started walking down the busy street. None of us had any idea where we were going, and everyone was constantly looking around. I mean come on; can you blame us for being paranoid? We weaved in and out of the traffic, going with it like we've been doing it all our lives.

I noticed Lissa fiddling with her watch "What're you doing?" She jumped slightly "What? Oh, I'm setting the time, this thing never stays the right time." "Um are you alright; you seem a little jumpy." I asked. "Yeah I'm fine." Lissa replied.

I dropped back to walk beside Fawn "She seems like she's up to something Cam." "Really, you think so?" I asked. Fawn narrowed her eyes "Yeah. I just have this feeling like she's going to do something to hurt this small group of ours." I put my hand on her shoulder "Don't worry, we'll cross that bridge if it comes up. Until then, you and Corey focus on finding us somewhere to hide." "Sounds like a plan to me." Fawn replied.

A few minutes later Corey and Fawn alerted us about a vacant lot with a small shack on it that was up ahead

A few minutes later Corey and Fawn alerted us about a vacant lot with a small shack on it that was up ahead. This would be perfect since we had found our way into the less busy part of the city. We turned the corner and saw the small alley that led us to the lot. We were about to go into the shack when we heard an all but familiar voice:
"Hello Cameron, its been awhile."