Chapter 3

"I'm so tired", Matt banged his head on the table and groaned. His blue eyes were glassy and he had bags that were not looking pretty.

"Hey man, what's going on? And please don't give me that 'I'm fine' chick stuff", I set my elbows down on the table and looked at him patiently.

"Its just my mom, she's not getting any better", Matt sighed and shook his head, frustration clearly showing in his face. "What are the doctor's saying?", I softly said, knowing this was a very touchy subject and I was playing with fire.

"That if she stops taking her meds, her liver is going to stop working, but she's so damn stubborn."

"Do you trust her to stay home alone?", Matt's dad had left them when he was only two so she had nobody left.

"There's no other choice man, medication is pricy we can't afford a helper", my heart ached for Matt and his mother. "I know that you're not gonna like what I'm going to say, but this is final. I will talk to my folks and we can arrange something out so your mom can stay with us for a couple weeks or even months, whatever it takes for her to get on the right path.". Matt was my best friend and we have always got each others back.

He didn't have to say anything for me to know how he really felt.

As if this day couldn't get any worse the devil in heels stalked her way to me. She flipped her freshly curled hair out of her way and sat down next to us. She stood in front of us and with a hand on her hip.

"Honestly if all you're going to do is whine and plead I've heard enough." Wrinkles formed as she frowned before digging in her purse to get out a tissue and a folder. She handed the tissue to Matt and said, "Thank you for letting me see your notes, you should clean up before you go in there", she gestured to the classroom and pecked both of our cheeks.

I guess the devil did have feelings, too bad Eva was out for blood.

"So it's about time we go on with the plan, since we have had too much fun", Eva sighed and shut her locker

"So it's about time we go on with the plan, since we have had too much fun", Eva sighed and shut her locker. Her green eyes were clouded in something different that I have not seen before.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Why can't we just be happy people", Before Emily was my girlfriend or before the whole popularity thing happened she used to be one of my best friends.

"We can't be happy to people that dont deserve happiness." Her eyes turned distant and grey and for a second there I couldn't recognize Eva.

"Okay, okay, what do we do first then?" I raised my arms in defeat and sighed.

"What's the most valuable item she adores?" I tilted my head back, honestly I never really thought about it. Even though our relationship had lasted for two years we weren't close in fact now that I think about it we have never been in love. We were naive and loved the fact of being in a relationship with a person that has alwAys had your back. I chuckled seeing the ironic part of it.