Chapter 10: Choices, Choices.

The kiss lasted a couple of seconds until you had to pull away to breathe.

"I love you (Y/n), with all my heart." Emile sighed happily.

"I love you too." You responded warmly and blushed when he ran his hand through your hair.

"We should get back." He reminded you lightly.

"Yes, we should." You agreed cheerfully and together you both said 'Hopscotch'.

"Welcome back, welcome back." Elder Gutknecht greeted pleasantly, closing a thick book.

"Hello Elder Gutknecht." You replied shyly.

"How are you my dear?" He remarked kindly as you gave a stifled yawn.

"Tired." You admitted ruefully and Emile wrapped his hand around your waist.

"You should rest." Emile cut in protectively.

"Probably." You grinned wryly as Gutknecht nodded in agreement.

"Sleep well dearie." He waved when you left the library with Emile.

"You're so magnificent." Emile praised endearingly and opened the front door of the house for you.

"Me? Why?" You responded curiously, walking in and up the stairs.

"You ended Genevieve's life when I said I couldn't. You risked your life above ground for me, and for that I thank you." He explained beaming, as you blushed.

"I did what I thought was right...but it was murder, so I shall never be able to return to my life above ground." You answered hesitantly and he engulfed you in a hug.

"You're very brave, darling." Emile complimented loyally.

"Thank you." You laughed brightly as you both entered the bedroom.

"But...doesn't it hurt that you can never go back?" He asked nervously and you thought about it for a minute.

"Not really, I never quite fit in there." You confessed shyly.

"Well I think you're wonderful." Emile said admiringly as you got under the blanket.

"You're so sweet." You mumbled sleepily, the tiredness washing over you like icy water.

"Sleep well, darling." He whispered lovingly and kissed your cheek.

"Mmhmm..." You sighed, half-unconscious as you drifted off to sleep.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Cool air wafted your messy hair slightly and that tickled your skin, so you woke up relaxedly.

Stretching a little, you swung your legs to the side and stood up; wondering where Emile was.

Going outside you saw many of the dead walking around normally, but still no sign of Emile.

"Excuse me, but have you seen Emile?" You asked one of the little skeleton kids timidly.

"I think he went to the kitchens, to ask them if they have any fresh food for humans." Annika answered cheerily.

"O-Okay, thank you very much." You replied hurriedly as you began to run, but then you stopped.

"Umm...where is that exactly?" You inquired embarrassedly and they giggled.