Chapter 12: Cheerful Conclusion.

"(Y/n) no!"

You choked and coughed agonisingly before feeling your entire body go cold and limp.

"(Y/n)! Can you hear me? Are you alright?" Emile questioned frantically as he knelt by your side.

"I'm...okay..." You answered dizzily and he helped you stand up.

"Why did you do that?! You just threw your life away!" Em exploded angrily, but your mind was focused on how you talked.

"H-How did I just talk? I'm not breathing! This is weird!" You gasped fearfully.

"That's not the point!"

"How is this possible?!"

"(Y/n)-!"

"I'm freaking out, I'm freaking out!"

"Calm down." He sighed compassionately and placed a hand on your cheek.

"E-Em!" You squeaked - scared about being dead - and he gave you a calming smile.

"It's alright, you'll get used to it. I'm here." Em said soothingly as he caressed your cheek.

"Now we can be together forever." You grinned triumphantly.

"You were meant to carry on living (Y/n)." He grumbled and shook his head - but there was a smile lingering on his lips.

"Now let's get married." You told him smoothly and he bit his lip.

"I don't know...this isn't right." Em mumbled awkwardly and you rolled your eyes.

"Who cares if it's right or wrong? I'm dead now so let's just live our lives...I mean, spend our death together." You replied positively.

"Unless~" You paused as a wicked glint came into your eyes,"~you don't really love me."

"Oh be quiet." He laughed and hugged you.

"Emile my dear boy, can you please complete your vows?" Elder Gutknecht asked seriously.

"With this hand...I shall lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty...for I shall be your wine." Em finished finally and placed another golden ring onto your finger.

"With this I pronounce you husband and wife." Gutknecht announced warmly and shut his book.

Cheering erupted from the crowd and Em pulled you in for another kiss.

"You gave up your life for me, even though I told you not to." He exclaimed emotionally; touched, as he broke the kiss.

"Because I love you Em~" You hummed in response and nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

"Aww, nono, I love you so much more." Em chuckled in disagreement and stroked your hair.

"Let's get to the wedding party!" Some skeletons started to hype up the party talk.

The crowd started to disperse back underground for the party and soon the two of you were alone.

"Shouldn't we leave for the party?" You asked lightly and he shook his head a little.

"I think someone wants to talk to you." He responded delicately as it clicked.

"Finnick." You realised with a pang of guilt and saw him standing by the exit.