September 15'

Secrets- One Republic

"I need another story

Something to get off my chest.

My life gets kinda boring

Need something that I can confess.

So I'm gonna give all my Secrets away."

You were and still are the only person I want to talk to and tell everything at the end of the day, and well during the day. I guess, that sort of comfort isn't easy to achieve. But look at us, telling each other everything came naturally to us, along with all the other perks. Hiding something from each other gave us that shot in the stomach. Well, it still gives me it. And I love how we always blame each other for it.

"I can't hide things, not from you. It's all your fault. Idiot."

You used to say this quite often, as for me, it was pretty clear. Not just this, we knew we could talk about everything without one judging the other. This was one of the perks I was talking about.

The perks of having a Girl Best Friend.

It's all your fault really, big Idiot.

This was the month with our half yearly exams going on, so I guess a little pressure, a little stress was absolutely natural. But something else was upsetting me.

14th September was the day of our first exam. I came out of the exam hall, exam done fine, to find you.

After the four of us were done with the discussion down the school road, we reached the turn where we usually part. You had promised me that we would do something about the thing that was upsetting me. So you walked me to her home. And I asked you to call her down because I was afraid to do so. You went up, rang the bell and told her that I wanted to talk to me.

After some time, you came to us saying that you were going home and I can't exactly recall but she said something mean to you as you were leaving. And I didn't stand up for you.

Immediately after you left, I told her that I was too. And I practically ran after you. I could see you at the end of the street but I guess your phone was on silent. So I lost hope and walked normally.

But as I reached your home, you were standing right under the shade of the shop, waiting for me. You hadn't checked your phone but you were waiting.

"Muje aisi feeling aari thi ki tu yahi milega."

Now tell me, if that's not a mental connection then what is? You picked up the call, just the other way.

Later that day, you told me about that mean thing and I told you that I wanted to stand up for you but I didn't.

I'm sorry. I should have.

After all the exams were done with, on the last day, we decided to go to your house. So the four of us walked there.

The three of you had clothes to wear other than the uniform. So I decided to go home and get changed and then come back later. But before we left we decided to watch a movie. So when I was leaving my house, I picked up the speakers too.

After a while of searching, we settled for,

The perks of being a Wallflower.

After about 20 minutes of juggling the places to sit, we finally sat on the floor and took our places, with a blanket to cover us.

It was about 45 minutes into the movie when we decided to get up and get out for some food. But me and I think Julls couldn't actually get up. I was too caught up with the movie like I was watching it for the first time; same emotional state.

But you came and technically picked me up, yeah you are strong, and so we went out.

First we went to Flashback but didn't order anything. And then we went to the park, settled on a bench and bought Cassata.

And then started, oh then started, the embarrassing photo session. Well, maybe not for you guys, but for me. Delete those pictures of mine, would you? Please?

And then we went back to your home, picked up Dee and Julls's bags so that we could go to McDonald's.

"Vapis ghar kaise aayegi?"

Aunty asked you as we were leaving. And I jumped in saying,

"Aunty mei drop karunga."

Yeah, way too protective.

A couple of minutes later we placed and got our orders. I remember you spilling coke on yourself. I also remember Dee and me trying to photo bomb others.

When they were leaving, you hugged them goodbye and the two of us came along the road we were supposed to cross. That's when you held my hand tightly and told me that you were afraid of crossing roads. I held your and even tightly and in a minute, we were across.

That was exactly when I made a promise to you, that no matter what kind of road it is, I will always hold your hand and the two of us together, would get across.

Like I had said, I dropped you home, and I got my back. We went down the stairs. You were right behind me.

Just as I turned, unexpectedly, you stretched your hands and pulled me into a hug. But eh, we went into the wrong direction.

"Aree, yeh abhi nai."

Remember? It was hilarious. But it was also...well awwhh so damn cute. It was our first hug.

But this is not why I particularly remember this month. This was the month I told you about the biggest secret I had been keeping. I guess you remember how it was. And I am way too emotional to get into details but I do remember some things you said.

"Thank you so much for trusting me enough, to tell me about this. And hey, don't worry, I love you and we will get through this, you and I, together. We will fight it."

I trust you more than any other person I have ever trusted and I love you more than any other person I have ever loved.