Chapter 4

Right now, I'm sitting in bed, and personally enjoying life because I'm cancer free. Tate and Thomas are in my room, and talking to me. About what, honestly I'm not sure. Boy talk probably, toys or something...Anyhow, as Tate and Thomas were talking I started to feel a sharp, horrible pain in my chest. I've never experienced this kind of pain before, so it scared me. A lot. I gasped, and started to wheeze and pound on my chest. It hurt a lot, and I could hardly breath. Out of nowhere, I felt numb, and tingly, kind of like I was floating. I don't know what happened, where I'm at, but it's peaceful here, wherever I'm. It felt like an eternity until there was pain again, a newfound one. It felt like I was getting struck by lighting, over and over again, until I was awake. Wondering what happened, I looked over to the right, and saw my doctor, but also a crying Tate and Thomas.

"Dr. Irwin, what happened?" I managed to get out, although my mouth was severly dry.

"This is hard to say Violet, but you just died for 2 minutes. Cardiac arrest. Basically you're heart stopped. We had to shock you, to get you back."

"What??" I questioned. "How is that possible? I thought I was cancer free."

"Violet listen please, I'm sorry to say but you're cancer is very aggressive. The surgery did work at first, but apparently the cancer just came back. You just flatlined, and died for a couple minutes because you're cancer is making you very unstable. From what I can see, you only have 1-2 more weeks before the cancer spreads to the rest of your body, and takes you. I'm really sorry, again."

I was shocked to say the least. Minutes passed and Tate, Thomas, and I were left alone in the hospital room. All of us crying and in tears. Not only did we just find out the surgery didn't work, but I'm going to die in 1-2 weeks. I'm going to leave the word, and my family, soon. What''s going to happen then, once I'm gone? I don't know what to do anymore. I'm lost. I have cancer, and right now I'm slowly starting to expect my fate. I'm going to die, and there's probably nothing that can stop it. I'm beginning to know that now, I'm a lost cause.