ONE

MARINA VEGA sits on the cold floor of the old drug store she and her brothers have currently been staying in

She slowly takes apart her pistol, grabbing the magazine and then the box of ammo, in which she reloads all of the missing bullets, hearing the ceiling creek every once in a while.

Things had been going quite slowly today, her brothers were both sleeping on the floor next to her, it was a pretty hot day, making things more sluggish, and Marina hated that.

She hated doing nothing, even in a world like they were living in, with creatures and enemies rolling up and down the streets. Before, Marina was always up and out working, going to school and making sure her brothers stay on track. The only time where she rested was on Monday's, also known as Teen Wolf and pizza night.

That was the reason why Monday was Marina's favorite day of the week, she would get to nag at her brother, Evan, for looking like the main character, Scott McCall, eat pizza and get to see the cute pizza guy.

His name was Glenn Rhee, the most cute and innocent person she has ever met, he would always come to the door with a smile on his face. There were multiple occasions where he would stay and watch the episodes with her, and then tell her how he got in trouble the next time he delivered pizza, but he didn't care.

Marina liked Glenn, and Glenn liked Marina and that's how it was, they truly became great friends, she actually still wonders if he's alive today.

Marina is shaken out of her thoughts when she hears three big knocks on the plastic window in the front of the store.

"Evan, Nick! Wake the hell up!" She abruptly shakes her brothers.

The two brothers wake up right away, "what, what is going on?" Nick asks, his voice raspy.

"There are people here, hide, Ill take this-" Evan then cuts her off.

"There is no way in hell that I'm letting you take care of this alone!"

"Evan please, I love you, but shut up and let me take care of this," Marina snaps at her younger brother, who silently agrees.

The two brothers hide behind a giant wine shelf, as Marina bends down and points her gun at the door, where the noise came from.

From what she can see, there are about seven people, some are on the older side, and like one on the younger side. Marina then decides to put her gun away and take her knife out, creating a sneak attack.

She sneakily walks behind a man with black hair and armor on, the group split up so she wasn't seen, Marina then makes her move.

She quickly hops up, rapping her arm around the mans neck, placing her knife on it. The man then stiffens, but then from the corner of his eye, he immediately recognizes the girl.

"Marina?"

Marina slowly removes the knife, and turns the man around, whom she also seems to know.

"Oh my God, you where the guy who tripped up my driveway and dropped my pizza!" She gasps, "holy chicken on a stick, Glenn Rhee!"

His group and her brothers have seem to notice all the commotion, walking over and seeing the two, but still not hesitating to point their guns.

"Only you, Marina, would say that," Glenn pulls her into a hug, only to be interrupted by a big bang in the back.

"What the hell was that?" Nick busts in, looking up.

The two small groups look up above them, at the ceiling, just to see stumblers fall through, landing at their feet.

"Holy crap!" Marina yells, just before putting a bullet in the stumbler's rotten skull.

Evan then grabs Marina before another stumbler can fall on her, because they were apparently coming from the ceiling.

As it was raining stumblers, both of the groups were shooting, knifing and stomping on the endless amount of decaying skulls, making blood fly all over.

Before any of them can blink, the wine shelf falls on Bob, a member of Glenn's group causing more unwanted controversy.

Bobs screams can be heard, but no one was able to get him with all of the stumblers falling, getting up and approaching.

There was another three minutes of fighting before another unfamiliar scream was heard, as Bob got free from the shelf, there was another young boy who went to save Bob and got bit.

The ceiling kept caving in and both groups knew they had to leave.

"We can't just leave the kid!" Glenn yells, walking back to help him.

"Glenn, I'm sorry but we have to go right now," Marina says, grabbing his arm and dragging him away from the scene.

Just as the two groups made it out the door, there is a loud crash, and just from looking through the windows, it was apparently a helicopter.

"Holy crap, did you guys see that?" Marina huffs, trying to catch her breath from the past events.

The next thing that she sees is the man with the crossbow is getting into Bob's face, which Marina goes to stop it, just to have Glenn hold her back.

"Just let it be," he whispers in her ear.

The two men have the small disagreement, the crossbow man taking a bottle of wine from Bob and throwing it on the ground, the red substance going everywhere.

"So, do you have a place to stay, or?" Marina asks openly, her brother standing by.

Glenn looks back at Daryl and Michonne, who nod, "uh yeah, let us take you there."

The Vega siblings follow the group, waiting to see the place these people have. They are still skeptical on trusting them, but Marina trusts Glenn.

They then see the prison from a distance, "woah, is that the place?" Nick asks.

"Yeah, we lucked out on this," Bob replies.

They then walk in silence up to the fence where Carol currently was watching.

"Carol," Glenn calls, getting her attention.

Carol then opens the gate for the group, them all walking in.

"Well, this is it. A new start." Marina smiles, walking in with her brothers.

first chapter
sorry for the delay!!