Chapter 4

I felt a sharp pain in my arm then everything went out.

I woke up in what looked like a kind of military truck. I didn't see anyone else. We hit a bump and I slid all the way across the back of the truck. My face hurt after that. So did my arm. I couldn't remember what had happened.

The truck came to a sudden stop. It was quiet for a couple minutes. Then, the hatch of the back opened. Two people in soldier uniforms which I guessed were soldiers, pulled me out by my legs. My arms were tied back also. There was a man and a woman soldier carrying me to who knows where. I didn't know where my family and David were. It was all just a blur in the back of my mind.

We finally made it to a room. Sorta looked like a questioning room. You know, like the dark rooms where cops question you? That's how it looked. I was set down on a chair and then the two soldiers left. I could see the name stitched onto the woman's uniform before they left. Her name was Valentina. I couldn't quite make out the name of they guy.

About a few minutes later another guy came in. Looking sophisticated in a dark grey suit and his hair combed back. He was holding a short pile of papers, about 10 maybe. He looked around 35-40 years old.

"Where am I?" I asked him. A whiff of cologne hit me as he walked passed to sit in the chair across the table.

"I have some questions for you." He said as he sat down in the chair, like he hadn't even heard my question.

"So, lets get started why don't we?" He asked taking out a pen from his coat pocket.

"Alright first question. Ah, this ones an easy one. What is your name? Your full name.

"Claire Elizabeth Moton."

"How old are you?" He asked another.

"16." I said uncertain. Was I even right?

"Where were you living for the past month since the collapse of our economy?" He asked looking up from the papers seeming interested in what my answer would be.

"My house, in Georgia." I stated.

He went on and on with questions like "What's your favorite color? Sport? Hobby?" etc...

I was then led to a bright white room and aided of my injuries.

After being fixed up I got to go to a nice looking condo place. A place I might be staying in for a while. I missed everyone. I was already feeling lonely and maybe starting to feel depressed.

My room had a full bathroom and so I went to take a must needed shower. I grabbed the pajama looking clothes that were left on the bed for me I guess.

I did have a good view if the city I was in. I still didn't know where but it was nice looking.

I felt very tired. The bed seemed big enough for 10 people. The clock read 11:34 so I hopped in the big bed and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to an annoying alarm clock in the same room. I was hoping it was just all a dream. Everything. But I had to face the truth that it wasn't just a dream. It was real.

I got out of the bed and found an outfit on the dresser. It looked the same as the one I had on now but I guess I had to wear a new one.

I put my hair up because I didn't know what I'd go through today.

I looked around the room and then saw a note on the door. It read:

"Exit your room at exactly 8:15. Follow the signs of the hallway until you reach the breakfast room. You can't miss it. We will then give you further instructions after your meal. Breakfast will end at 8:45. Enjoy!"