Chapter: 5-6

Chapter Five

Kimberley sat with her thighs straddling Cheryl’s waist. The tight black skirt that she was wearing had risen up her thighs, Cheryl ran her hands down the fabric until she felt the girl’s bare skin under her hands. 

The soft light from the candle on the bedside table flickered in the elder girls eyes as she bent down and kissed Cheryl forcefully on the lips before letting her tongue travel down the length of the younger girls neck. 

Cheryl’s fingers found their way under the hem of Kimberley’s skirt, she closed her eyes and let a shallow moan escape from her lips as she felt her top being removed…

“Cheryl?” 

She woke up suddenly, the dream she was having suddenly fading in to obscurity as she rubbed her eyes until the image before her registered in her head. 

“bad dream?” he asked as she sat up in the bed, looking over at the alarm clock. She still had five minutes left before her alarm was due to go off. 

Five whole minutes

Anything could have happened in her dream in those precious few minutes…

“Weird dream” she replied, stretching her arms widely. Ashley was already up and out of bed, a wet towel still on the floor from where he had had a shower, his clothes strewn across the bed as he looked for a particular shirt. 

“I’ll be out for most of the day, don’t bother making me anything to eat” he informed her as he lifted his foot on to the bed to tie his shoe lace. 

She wasn’t disappointed although for some reason she found herself pretending that she was, it was entirely for his benefit. 

He sprayed his cologne liberally before bending over the bed and kissing her, she hadn’t even had time to say good bye before she heard the door to the hallway banging shut. 

She sighed heavily, it just wasn’t the same anymore. She found herself disappointed by the kiss, it wasn’t as soft or romantic as in her dreams, it didn’t fill her with the same excitement or nervous thrill as their lips connected, the smell of his strong aftershave was more of a turn off than anything else and the way he had walked out so suddenly left her feeling slightly under valued. 

-

“…and then he just walked out…” Cheryl said with a shrug of her shoulders. She nursed the hot cup of tea in her hands as she sat on Kimberley’s sofa, telling her friend about her recent problems with her husband. 

Kimberley nodded solemnly, it wasn’t the first time she had been there to listen to Cheryl as she told of her concerns of her marriage, and she very much doubted it would be the last time. 

“Maybe it’s just a rough patch” Kimberley said hopefully, sipping at her cup before offering the younger girl a sympathetic smile. 

“It’s been a rough patch for the last two years Kimberley” Cheryl sighed. “The only thing that worries me is that I don’t really know if I care enough to want to fix it”

There…she said it.

It was out in the open now.

Well partially anyway, she knew that whatever she said to Kimberley, no matter how trivial or how life altering it was, it would remain a secret between them until the girl was given the go ahead to tell any one else. 

“Don’t you think its worth trying?” the elder girl asked, trying to hide her surprise at what Cheryl had just told her. 

Cheryl shrugged widely before sighing, “don’t you think its possible to just fall out of love with somebody…like you did with Justin”?