The Truth Comes Out

As I said, I am in this. I need to apologize. I love Jean Havoc so much, and my inner-fangirl came out when I wrote about myself... I am so embarrassed...

***

Havoc was making his nightly round to Grace's house. He did this religiously. He would knock on her door with a bouquet of flowers only to be kicked out and told never to return. He always did return, though, and she always, secretly, put the flowers in a vase on her table. "I don't want to waste good flowers!" was always her excuse.

Havoc knocked on the door—four quick knocks was his signature.

From inside the house, Eliza jumped up to peek out the window.

"Who is it?" Grace called from her lounging position on a chair, even though she knew the answer.

"It's Jean Havoc again!" Eliza answered.

"Tell him to go away. I don't want to speak to him."

"Alright!" Eliza went to open the door.

As if on cue, Grace stopped Eliza before she even touched the door's knob. Grace said, "No, you're too soft. I'll do it." Eliza lightly chuckled to herself.

Grace swung the door open with great velocity and determination. "What do you want? I told you to stop coming to my house."

Like always, Havoc took a moment to soak in her radiance. Grace was clad in a rather low-cut red blouse that showed off her massive bosom that would put Lust to shame. She also sported cut-off sweat pants, for she vowed to never wear pants that came below the knee unless absolutely necessary. "Wow, you are such a goddess," was his response.

Grace's expression was still flat. Her brow furrowed slightly, and her mouth just a tad turned down into a small scowl. "That doesn't answer my question, and I suggest you answer it quick lest I have to beat you up again." Grace smirked. Eliza audibly laughed from just inside the house.

"That was one time!" Havoc fussed.

Grace's frown returned. "You still didn't answer me…"

"Oh, right!" Havoc said nervously. "What was the question?"

Grace sighed. "Seriously, leave." She began to shut the door as Havoc threw his arm out to intercept the door.

"Wait, Grace!" He held the flowers up. "I brought you flowers because you're beautiful, smart, strong, powerful, funny—"

Before he could finish, Grace snatched the flowers from his grasp and slammed the door in his face. Jean Havoc was used to this.

"And I wanted to see if you would like to go on a date with me!" He yelled from outside.

Grace did not respond to him. Eliza, however, went back to the door. "I actually should probably say something to him," she said. Grace simply nodded with a grim look on her face.

When she opened the door, Havoc was already starting to walk away. He looked deflated.

"Lieutenant!" Eliza yelled. He turned, and she grabbed his arm and pulled him a little further away from the house. "I have a feeling she'll listen in, but I want to talk to you."

"Is this about that awkward moment with Ed earlier? And please, call me Jean."

"Sort of." Eliza blushed and looked down. "How is he?"

"I'm sorry?" Havoc asked, surprise coating his words.

"Ed. How is Ed? What has Ed been up to? How is he?"

Havoc squinted in eyes in accusation. "I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to these things, but it seems to me as though you're interested in him."