53: Ruin

Shawn's Pov

I'm shaking a little, my hand gripped tightly on the small silver box behind my back. Finally my parents bedroom door opens and my heart races as my mom steps out smiling at me. She gives me a quick hug before pulling out her phone and mimicking my dad behind me so that they are recording.

"Your so handsome," she whispers quick as Aaliyah walks out of the room. She runs to stand behind me too, but not before she gives me a look like she's going to laugh at me.

Then Callie walks out and I freeze up. She's beautiful. I stare as she blushes and walks towards me, looking down at her bare feet. She looks up and I let out a breath id apparently been holding.

"Your... perfect" I manage to say, my voice cracking. She blushes even deeper and smiles at my voice. She's in front of me now, looking at me expectantly. I shake out of my trance and pull the box from behind my back. A tear falls down her face and I quickly wipe it away as she takes the box and says thanks.

Will she like it? She's not wearing the other pieces... did Preston and Aaliyah remember?

She opens it carefully and looks up, her mouth open.

"It's pretty," she smiles and pulls out the delicate letter C with diamond looking jewels placed carefully to form it. Then my mom takes the box and Callie strings the charm onto her necklace that had been in her hand. It lays perfectly to the right of the S on the pick.

I gently take it from her and she turns around. I reach my hands around her neck and try to clasp the necklace but fail because I'm shaking so much. Aaliyah muffles a laugh with her hand and I feel my face get warm.

Callie giggles cutely and reaches her hands back. They tangle with mine for a second as she clasps the necklace then turns around and kisses me on the cheek.

"Always have to ruin a perfect moment don't ya?" She laughs.

"Sorry," I smile as she gives me a big hug.

Maybe I am perfect for her? Maybe I was wrong, she doesn't need someone else better