96: realization

Three empty words played next, and I calmed down. Nothing like that had every happened between Shawn and I. Plus I didn't have a little brother so it couldn't be about me right?

I'm right. Just agree.

I was half zoned out during no promises. It was good.

But then patience played. It made me uneasy.

Then honest.

I think I lost it then.

Hey, how's it going. Can you meet me down on Eli street.

Shawn had texted me that. I didn't show up.

I tried to skip it, but Stacy pushed my hand away.

"What up with you?" She asks. I swallow, staring straight into the open road. "Callie?"

I hate to hurt you but I got to be honest I can't give you what you need. You deserve more than I can promise-

"Callie?"

"What oh sorry" I blush. "Just... my ex says that to me so I was... thinking about how I loath him" I give a fake smile. Stacy skips the rest of the song.

Don't be a fool was the name of the next one.

I thought back to when Shawn broke up with me. I twisted in my seat, uncomfortable. Stacy sighed and skipped it.

I don't remember the next song. I plugged my ears discreetly.

I unplug them slowly when Stacy turns into a gas station.

I think I may have gasped too loud.

I brought you this rose and I need to know will you let it die or let it grow.

I run to the bathroom inside.

I should've seen it all along.

Ed.

That's who the rose was from 5 months ago.

Not Eddie.

Ed as in Ed Sheeran

As in Shawn Mendes.

I don't know how long I'm in the bathroom, but I eventually come out to Stacy in the car. She raises an eyebrow.

"Period cramps" I mumble getting back in.

The song playing is a message to me and it's clear.

It's ruin.

He wants me back.

This just made my life way more complicated and a whole lota drama was on it's way.

...
Authors note.

It's spring! The ski hill obviously doesn't need me working there anymore so I'll have more free time, plus next weeks spring break! I expect this book to be done next week Saturday, maybe earlier, then I can put all my effort on Strings (which is my favorite)

Also, someone messaged me asking for a cast, and I normally don't like doing that cause I want to leave it up to your imagination, but I will put what I thought the characters look like at the end of the book, so that should be up soon.

If you have any people you thought they looked like send them to me, I'm open for recommendations because I'm having a hard time finding people who look like what I imagined.

Stay beautiful
Kat