Afraid

"Mom, I'm just going to go explore the forest with my friends, I'll be back around midnight." Tyler said as he urged to head to the door.

"Just be careful, you could get hurt in those woods," she exclaimed. "I heard there's an old tree house in there, you might find it."

"Yeah, maybe, well, bye.. I guess."

He walked with a pace out the door, eager to get to his supposed 'friends.'

They all chose to meet at Mel's, just down the street. One of the big hangouts.
He pushed open the door to the restaurant. The doors revealed Brendon, Ryan, and Josh.

"Hey Tyler." All of the said.

"Ready to go?" Ryan stared at him.

"Yeah." Everyone repeated.

Tyler's POV

I was kind of excited, but it's always awkward to hang around Josh after the story leaked at school. Well, him liking me or something. I felt bad for him, since everyone was calling him a 'gay failure'. But, it wasn't going to be good for our friendship, it wouldn't be the same ever again.
I've tried to move on, but the thought of it always lingers around when I see him.

"You spacing out? Shape up." Brendon said, playfully slapping me at the end of the sentence.

I figured out that we were already in the car, Melanie Martinez blasting in our ears.

Already realized this wasn't going to be fun.
Josh was staring at me through the rear view mirror. He had to sit in the front.
Good thing we're a good distance away. It's just that rearview mirror...

"Tyler's fucking spacing out again." Brendon sighed.

"Calm it you bitch face." Josh snapped.

Brendon put his hands up. "Freeze! I'm a culprit!" He laughed.

Josh was just more angered by that. He was being bothered more than I was.

I tried to have a good time, but it seemed harder than it should've.

"Hey, Tyler, this is an interview!" Ryan said.

He's driving and giving me an interview. Wonder how many drinks he's had.
Just to tweak Ryan, he put a cigarette in his mouth, and acted like he was smoking it.

"Smoke weed every day." I mumbled.

Josh clenched his fist.
What was wrong with him.

"We're here." Ryan said, jumping out the car and running to the entrance of the woods.

The leaves crunched under my feet as I jumped out of the car.
Everyone recklessly ran into the woods except for me and josh. We were aware of our surroundings, examining every nook and cranny.

I could hear the small words the rest of the group were yelling.
I jogged to the rest of the group, since they would probably get to far, and none of us have our phones.

"COME ON!" Brendon yelled.

Josh was seeming to get closer to me, closer, little by little.

We finally came to stop at the little creek.

"Who can get by the rocks fastest?" Ryan said.

Everyone nodded except for me.

Ryan started frolicking on the rocks over the creek.
Brendon sneaked up behind him and pushed Ryan into the water.