Seven ❆ Yuri Katsuki

❝ The Visit ❞    

Yuri didn't want to wake up today at all. The distraught ravenette just looked up at his ceiling, listening to the sounds outside of his room of his family and the guests scuffling around. He was glad his mother, very unusually, did not disturb him this morning. Perhaps Yuri's doctor rang her about the matter. But that aside, Yuri still listened to his long deep breaths and scrolled through social media at all the fan's responses to Viktor's routine.

Yuri didn't want to believe it. It felt so unreal, like a dream... Viktor Nikiforov found passion in skating because of him?  Yuri wasn't good enough for that honor. 

And just the erratic, uncontrollable, wild beats of Yuri's heart made him feel fuzzy. He was happy to know somebody skated for him. He was actually smiling, laying on his bed, his phone illuminating his face- feeling as giddy as a teenage girl.

The more Yuri thought about Viktor's passion, the more unanswered questions he had. Why himself of all people, was the person that inspired Viktor? How long for? But, the main question was why. Why did Yuri inspire Viktor so much to drive him to the point of creating a routine?

Why. Why. Why. Yuri was getting sick of that word. It followed him everywhere. But... this time it seemed less malicious. And the word didn't stab him as much.

It was nine in the morning when Mrs. Katsuki went to get Yuri ready. She came in today much more tenderly than normal, she didn't force his carcass up. She just softly smiled, "Yuri, breakfast's done, come and join us at the table when you're ready."

"Mum, I can smell it, I'll be over in a minute." Yuri sighed, raising himself up and reaching for his chair. Mrs. Katsuki smiled patiently before Yuri looked up at her and glared. She left the room. His mother was too sincere this morning, Yuri furrowed his brows as he pulled his chair towards him and lowered himself appropriately into it.

Mrs. Katsuki stopped having sit-down meals ever since Yuri's accident. Yuri's father, he was so bitter about the predicament Yuri had found himself in, he almost always started arguments with his mother, telling her that Yuri shouldn't have pursued his dreams and that he should have stayed home. It made Yuri feel terrible. It made his sister feel terrible. Most days she found herself forced to pick sides. And Yuri, Yuri felt like he shouldn't have been born.

So the Katsuki family rarely sat down together. And, honestly, Yuri didn't mind too much.

Yuri reached up and pulled his bedroom door open, wheeling through the gap and through the narrow corridor into the living room. Mrs. Katsuki decided to get a western style table after Yuri's accident so that they could all sit together and Yuri wouldn't be left out. But after the amount of arguments that table saw... it just stayed there unused.

Yuri skeptically wheeled towards it, taking his place at the top end of the table, facing away from the entrance. He hated facing the entrance, where people could see him. He'd much rather face his mother working in the kitchen, her stares only being looks of concern. As usual, Mari was on her phone, texting her newest fling. Yuri's father finding the newspaper more interesting than his own children, a scowl on his lips. And Yuri's mother, setting down an unusually western style breakfast for the Katsuki family. Why were they having fried egg and toast with jam like it was the most normal thing in the world?

It didn't work like that.

"Mum," Mari asked with a raised eyebrow, "why are we having western food?"

"I wouldn't know," Hiroko smiled, taking her place at the opposite end of the table from Yuri, her eyes not on her son but on the door. "I just wanted a change I guess."

Yuri's father dropped his newspaper, folding it and putting it to the side. He let out a heavy sigh from his pursed lips, "just eat it, Mari." Yuri's father clapped his hands together. "Itadakimasu."

Mari did the same, "Itadakimasu," but her tone duller than her father's, a feat worth a certificate.

Yuri ended up saying itadakimasu at the same time as his mother, in a dull voice that unfortunately was no match for Mari. Mrs. Katsuki giving Yuri a small smile. Hiroko being the only cheerful person at the table.

 Yuri sighed and picked up his knife and fork, starting to eat like the rest of his family. He flinched when he heard the bell of the entrance ring as someone entered, and the Yuri looked at his mother smile at the customer softly and flinching to rise from her seat, but the guest presumably smiled like there was no need as Hiroko slowly sank back into her seat smiling.

Yuri's father looked up from his plate at the customer, nodded curtly and rose to leave the room, his plate now clean. Probably to set up a room.

Mari looked up from her phone resting on her lap and looked at the guest, surprisingly she winked. 

Curiosity tugged at Yuri as he heard the customer's boots click across the floor. Yuri still not wanting to turn around. He felt the guest's eyes softly inspecting his form, perhaps pitying him, but it felt oddly different. As the guest got closer Yuri's nose twitched at the scent of expensive cologne, and some sweet smelling oil...

Yuri could feel the guest's breathing from behind him, and Yuri had to resist the urge to shiver. He jumped. The guest's arms wrapped around his figure, the scent of him surrounding him in a cloud of hypnotic mist. He could feel the wet cheeks of the guest's face pressed next to Yuri's face. Yuri's heart beat and beat.

And beat.

The guest's face moved as he said through his smile, "Hello Yuri." It was a voice that got Yuri's heart pumping.

Yuri would recognize that soft honey-like voice any day. The guest was none other than Viktor Nikiforov.