l o v e

LOVE

jj.

I love you.

Another tear dropped from Jeongguk's eye, which he didn't even bother to wipe away. He was laying down in his bed, staring at the ceiling and mentally cursing at himself for being so, so dumb.

I love you.

How could he be so stupid? How could he let the words just spill like that, so carelessly? How could he expect Taehyung to tell him the same?

I love you.

When the three words left his mouth, Jeongguk thought he was doing the right thing. He wanted to believe he was doing the right thing.

I love you.

Oh, if only he could turn back time and make himself keep the eight letter graved on his heart, but not on his tongue.

I love you.

Now just tears and regret marked the death of their everything.

I love you.

But what if it wasn't Jeongguk that was wrong? He said what he felt. And Taehyung was the one, who ended everything, because he was afraid. However, what was he afraid of?

I love you.

The three words that made Taehyung leave him. His worst fear. Maybe Jeongguk loved a boy, who was scared of being loved.

I love you.

Or maybe all Taehyung ever wanted was to be with Jeongguk, but not fully commit. Maybe love was too much for him. Maybe only Jeongguk felt their kisses so deeply. Maybe for Taehyung they were nothing. Maybe Jeongguk wasn't the only one in his heart. Maybe, maybe, maybe...

I love you.

Yes, Taehyung was the guilty one. Because all his sweet words made Jeongguk float so high in the sky, when he should've been falling down to the cold ground.

I love you.

"Or do I?" Jeongguk whispered to himself and laughed weakly, "Of course I do. After all you've said, I still do."

I love you.

Jeongguk still remembered the facial expression his lover made - it was almost disgusted. And then his filthy tongue, for once, instead of coating the words and building hopes and feels, it destroyed every fantasy in Jeongguk's head.

I love you.

The butterflies' wings were grey and one step away from turning into ashes.

I love you.

The piano was broken and the boy was numb.

I love you.

The dance, made of flames, was now just smoke and two lonely people, looking at each other, not making a move.

I love you.

"But I wish I didn't."