Wars and Wonders

<Piper Mclean>

I walked up to my house, hesitated, and opened the door to my new step-mother, father, and his helper, Jane. Man, I've always hated Jane.

" Someone's home a little late," my step-mom, Christina. She was really nice, a caring person.  

" Yeah," I told them," About that. . ."

" Piper," Dad said, with a concerned edge to his voice," Is everything okay?"

I had no other way to put it that nothing was okay right now. So I was honest.

" No."

" Well then what's wrong?" Jane asked me, I was surprised she was actually being caring to me," Sit down."

I say down, just incase I would pass out standing up.

" We send to a school," Jane said," And you go missing for 10 months. How does that work?"

" Expecially a bording school," my dad says," In the middle of the desert."

" Easier than you think," I told them," We were on a field trip in the Grand Canyon. And these things called Venti or Wind Spirits attacked, and we got them away. Two people took three of us to New York after that."

" Kidnapped?" My step-mom asked me," Why?"

" No," I told them," I was recruited, not kidnapped. There's a difference."

" How exactly?" My dad asked me, confused.

" Because I was sent on a quest," I told them," Then I fought a war, and came back. Now I know I've only been back for what?  3 weeks. But I have to leave. Again."

" Why?"Jane asked me," Are you in trouble?"

" I'm not in trouble" I told Jane," It'll be on the TV constantly, I can promise that."

We talked for a few more minutes, I didn't have the heart to tell them about my mother being Aphrodite since I knew they would call me crazy, and right before I left I just had to say one more thing.

" And next time you see Grandpa Tom," I told them," Tell him he was right about those stories."

And I left.

<Leo Valdez>

I looked at the paper again. Yep, this was my aunt's house. The house of Rosa Valdez and her two kids that were my age. Tommy and Jennifer.

I knocked on the door, and waited.

About two minutes later a girl my age with starberry blond hair and light blue eyes opened the door. Must be Jennifer. I had never met my aunt and cousins to actually know them. Only a few times before my mom died.

" Tommy!" Jennifer yelled," I think it's someone you know!"

And a boy a year or two older than me, probably Percy's age comes down the stairs.

Tommy looked at me.

" Mom!" Tommy yelled," Dad! Someone's here!"

This will take forever.

A woman and man rushed from downstairs. The woman looked like my mother. Sort of. The man didn't. Must be David. My unkle, and my Aunt, Rosa.

" Why, hello," Rosa said," Who are you?"

About the nicest thing a technical stranger has said to me.

" Leo Valdez," I told them," Esperanza's son."