Life Is A Dangerous Thing

<Percy Jackson>

I woke up in a hospital. Silena to my right. Grover to my left. Percy next to Silena.

What happened this time?

Oh wait, that's right.

Nico tried to kill us with a rifle.

Not long later Grover woke up, and about an hour after Silena and Percy woke up.

It was boring.

The next day we got visitors. My siblings at least came, so did Thalia and a few others from camp to visit Grover and myself. My mom and Gabe came, too. 

Annabeth came.

Walked right by Grover and myself, talked to the kids with Luke, walked right by again.

" Why didn't Annabeth stop to talk to you or me?" Grover asked me when the kids went back to sleep.

" She's been pissed straight at me 11 years," I told Grover," Yet all I did was die and come back."

" She does hold grudges," Grover said," But 11 years?"

" I said she was pissed,' I told Grover," I didn't know she could be pissed that long, but she can."

" Neither did I," Grover said," Then again, she only went to camp 12."

" Plus the 11 for the war," I told Grover," So 23 years."

We were released a week later, thank gods. I couldn't handle the boredem any longer. 

The kids, since they wanted to go to their mom's for the weekend, insisted we go to her concert in town so she could pick them up there.

I liked the idea. I didn't mind seeing Annabeth.

But she hates me.

I went to the parking lot with the kids to make sure they made it to her car.

SHe sees me, tells the kids to get in the car, and starts yelling at me.

" I did nothing, Annabeth," I told Annabeth," All I did was bring them here like they wanted to, and walked them out here to make sure somebody wouldn't steal them. That's all I did."

" You think," Annabeth told me.

" No," I told Annabeth," I know. You've been pissed at me 11 years. Why? I said I was sorry, I didn't want to do what I did that day. Each time you just see me now you yell and scream. That's not who I grew up knowing. You were pissed at other people. You didn't yell and scream at them."

" That's different," Annabeth said.

" No," I told Annabeth," It's not. The only person I've ever seen you yell and scream at is me. When we met, when the war came, the past 11 years it's yelling and screaming. That's all you've been doing to me. Is yell and scream."

Annabeth closed her eyes, realizing what I just id was pretty much true for the most part. Now I knew Luke was dead now, Nico did end up killing him, but still, if anything she sould be mad at Nico for trying to kill Silena, Percy, and actually killing Luke. I mean suriously.

Why was she mad at me?

<Annabeth>

I closed my eyes to calm myself down, and the thought came to me now, with Percy 5 feet from me.

Why the Hades was I mad at him in the first place?

All he did was sacrifive himself for 30 kids to live. And came back, wanting me back.

Yes, I was mad at Nico.

But why Percy?

All of a sudden all this anger went away, and was replaced by one thing.

Guilt.

I put my thumb and pointed finger on the hard bone of my nose, hesitated, and spoke.

" Maybe you're right," I confessed to Percy," Maybe I've just been taking out all my anger on you, and been acting stupid about it."

Right when I said it, I knew it.

" At least I hope it hasn't been just me as a problem the past 11 years," Percy told me, and I looked at him again. He still had that gray hair from years and years ago.

I looked down, and smiled.

" No," I told Percy," At least not the full problem. Part of it, yeah. But not the full problem."

" What did I do?" Percy asked," Nico's the one who tried to kill all of us."

" I know that," I told Percy, still looking down," At first I think it was the fact that you were dead, then that you can't raise the kids, then that I just couldn't see you anymore because my mind and my body wouldn't work together."

Yeah, that's what it was. I just missed him so much and I just couldn't see it over my anger to the wars and the names and all that crap.

" In that case," Percy said, walked over to me, and took my hand in his," Can you at least give me another chance."

I smiled again, and looked back at him.

" Yeah," I told Percy," I think I can do that."