EPISODE 106 - Collateral

NEW CAST:

Min Ju Yim - Kim Mi Kyung

Kim Jong Un – Park Jae-sang AKA PSY

General Suk Yul Choi – Yu Hae Jin

Ha-Joon – Kim Tae-Woo

Pawn Store Owner Pyaek - Kim Heung Soo

Summary: Tensions rise between North and South Korea, with people's lives slowly eroding.

EPISODE 106 – Collateral

Kwan stood outside the officer's building, impatient about the progress they were having on the woman who saved his life not mere minutes ago. He sat on the metal bench and toyed with his dog-tags, given to him when he first joined 4 years ago. He felt more comfortable in the military, and this was where he belonged, deciding to stay even after his mandatory 2 year service term expired. Namil sat next to him and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it and taking a drag. Kwan furrowed his brows with amusement. "You smoke, private?" Namil nodded. "Stress is driving me to do more and more things I would have never done before. Smoking, one night stands, gambling,...I hate myself for it" Kwan took the cigarette out of his mouth and took a single puff. "So why do you have the stress?"

Namil shrugged. "My brother Hyunsu Dae Im...he was a huge deal from what I heard. Always scoring highly on his tests, outperforming everyone, having near perfect aim...he was a god in the army" Kwan smiled and replied "Well, as someone who knew him growing up, and from his time here at this very base, he was good...but not perfect" Namil frowned. "What do you mean?" Kwan opened a snack bar and took a small bite. "He was a great shot. He was excellent at exercise training. And yes, he always got 99's in his tests. But, he also had a terrible temper. Once, a soldier here sexually assaulted an American girl, and he beat him half to death. He was not charged, but we all knew it was him. He never told anyone but me"

As he told the story Namil's mouth fell open even more. "So...why tell me this?" Kwan tossed the wrapper on the ground and replied "So that way you don't end up becoming his shadow. Be the men you want to be, and not who everyone expects you to be. Even if it makes the person you are modeling yourself after angry"

==================================================

Joo Yeon sat in front of a company of commanders and public officials, all staring at her with accusing glares. One, an older woman with age beginning to creep up on her, began with "So Miss Baek, you defected from the North Korean army with your friend Hye Wook, to tell us the virus everyone is so scared of has actually spread? And that would help us...how?" Joo Yeon gave Hye a comforting smile and returned with "Its not just the illness...North Korea has declared this was an act of war against them by your government. The supreme leader declared a state of emergency, and that military actions would take place, against your cities, due to this incursion" The woman, named Min Ju Yim, scoffed "Oh what nonsense! We would be warned by our Japanese neighbors if any provocation occurred"

Joo Yeon laughed at the comment and scoffed "Assuming they aren't trying to keep this illness contained within their borders also. This is bigger than either you or I, and you won't realize that until you are dead"

================================================

Kim Jong Un stood on a hill overlooking the DMZ, where UN and South Korean soldiers patrolled the borders, with a handful of North Korean soldiers on the other side. "General Choi" he ordered "Send a small party and eliminate the soldiers patrolling the border pass. I want to have a clear shot at this attack without any complications" General Choi, an older man with a bald head and a thin face, looked on with worry and responded "That would prove to be difficult, since we would have to take out any surrounding military bases to stop radio communications"