Hit And Run

Riley was a band-aid baby. Her sole purpose was to mend her parents' marriage before it resulted in divorce. She was brought into the world with no intention of being loved or supported by her family, only to be used. 

This was the case for many years and finally her parents had someone to hate besides each other. It began with small things, things that Riley could handle. A few verbal insults, a smack on the side of the head, until her situation grew more severe. Punches and punishments too cruel for any child were bestowed upon her for the first twelve years of her life until her parents chose to have another child. It was then that Riley received twice the number of beatings while this new daughter remained untouched.  

But for no longer. Finally being a legal adult, Riley obliges to the one motto that she has remembered throughout her life, hit and run.

Doing just that, she leaves behind everything and runs for what feels like forever while she is hunted by her parents who only wish to harm her.
Just when she is about to get caught and her freedom is about to be torn away form her, what seems like further misfortune befalls her. However, soon after she believes that it may have been God-sent. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys! 

Just wanted to let you know that the cover was made by @MaraForch who makes some pretty impressive covers so if you're looking for a cover and they aren't too swamped with requests I'd highly recommend them. 

Thanks, 

-Red xx