Chapter 12

I groan as I turn off the TV. I've been at the hospital for almost six hours now and although I'm still pretty weak I just want to be in the comfort of my own home already. I think Jimmy can tell I'm bored as he turns off his phone and says, "Talk to me Addison. Tell me something."

I chuckle, remembering all those times Jimmy said those exact words to me if I was bored and he had nothing better to do. I think about it for a moment and then reply. "When you, Danny, and I all got together for that lunch about a month ago I said I wanted to start looking at some new secretary positions. You mentioned that there might be one opening up down at CFD headquarters. How is that looking?"

Jimmy sighs and says, "I'm sorry Addison, I completely forgot to look into that for you."

"Could you please get that ball rolling? I want to know if it's an option before I look into other jobs."

Jimmy nods. "Of course. I'll stop by headquarters after my shift tomorrow and see what I can do."

I thank him and then Dr. Halstead comes in. He asks me a couple of questions and then says, "Well Addison, you're free to go. Your boss already came to pay for your hospital bill and your discharge papers have been filed. Once you get changed you're free to go."

I thank Dr. Halstead and then he exits. I turn to Jimmy and say, "The only clothes I have are my work clothes and I'm sure they reek of vomit. Do you have anything I can borrow?"

Jimmy nods and pulls a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt out of his bag and leaves so I can change. As we exit the hospital I turn to Jimmy and say, "These clothes can't possibly be yours. They smell nice and are small."

He chuckles and says, "You got me. They're my ex-girlfriend's. Her sister was killed and she didn't want my help so we broke up. She went to rehab a couple of weeks later for alcoholism. I've never taken her clothes out of my bag because I want them to remind me that it's up to me to help those I care about."

I tighten my grip on his hand and he softly smiles. We then arrive at his car so we hop in and begin the drive to my house.

--------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry that it's been so long but thank you for 5 540 reads!

So I think I'm finally getting over this cold as I have antibiotics and an inhaler so because of that it shouldn't be as long to my next update. I believe I've also established a good system for updating so that should help as well.

Thanks for being so patient and I hope that you all have a great weekend! -Becca