1.13 Miles

It was 3:34 am and Miles had woken up to the sound of a door slamming followed by a car starting. He got up and looked to see that his husband wasn't near him. He looked out the window to see him inside their car. Miles immediately rushed down stairs and went after him as he back up from the drive way.
"Riley? Where the hell are you going?" Miles asked as he approached the way. Riley rolled the windows down and his eyes was red.
"You know, I'm not happy anymore and I think maybe I just need to get away from here. So I'm leaving you for a while..." Riley said. "Just until I can figure this whole thing out. I'm gonna be staying with Zane," Miles knew that Riley was probably acting like this because of the new medication. He studied his husbands face and noticed no sign of happiness.
"Riles, come inside, please it's early, let's just go back to bed." Miles tried to get him inside but Riley shook his head as he turned up the music in the car.
"No...I just need this. Okay? Can I have the emergency credit card?" Riley asked, staring at Miles. Miles sighed heavily. If this is what could make Riley happy the Miles wouldn't be stop him. Miles took out his wallet and handed him $200 cash and the emergency card which had $5,000.
"Just...don't forget to refill your medicine and be careful..."
Riley grinned. "I will. Good bye." Miles watched as Riley sped off.
"Okay then..." Miles scratched his head as he headed back in the house. He looked to see that he had missed calls from Tristan. He immediately called back.
"Tris?"
"Hey Miles, sorry for calli-"
"Are you okay? Is something wrong?"
"No. and yes."
"Um...come over and we'll talk about it."
"But your husband?"
"He left me."
"Huh?"
"He just gone for a while he'll be back in a week or so..."
"I'll be over in a bit."

"So he just left? Maybe he's stroking out..." Tristan said as he sipped his coffee. Miles chuckled.
"No he's just hurt about you and me." He said, taking a bite of his bagel.
"So like what's wrong?" Miles changed the subject. Tristan took out a folder from his bag and handed it over to Tristan.
"What's this?" Miles asked, looking through it. "A restraining order? You want me to stay away from you?" He asked appalled. Tristan shook his head laughing.
"No it's for Ana's real mom. She was stalking Ana at the mall when she was with her friend. I don't even know how she found us. The last time we've seen her was in New York. Can you help me?" Tristan asked. Miles nodded.
"But there has to be a police report. We can't file this without any reason, who is the person you're filing against?" He asked.
"Ana Beth Bancroft," Tristan said. Miles' eyes widened at the sound of the name. No way. He thought. Tristan noticed his reaction.
"Do you know her?" He asked. "It looks like you do." Miles sighed.
"She's just some girl I hooked up with in New York before...long time ago..."
"But she couldn't have been pregnant..." he whispered to himself. Tristan stepped closer to him.
"What did you say?" Miles ignored his question.
"How old is Ana, Tris?" Miles looked through his phone.
"She just turned 14 a week ago." He replied. Miles dialed his friend, Trent all the way in New York.
"Talk to me,"
"Trent Benz?!"
"Extra Mile?!? Dude it's been too long! I heard you got hitched,"
"Yeah, I did. With Riley..."
"Damn you two since forever ago. How's the married life up in Toronto,"
"I wish I could say good but I met someone and cheated,"
"Haaaa! The guy must've been hot to make ya bone like that. I mean you were pretty crazy about Riley..."
"Yeah the guy is pretty great though. Maybe even better than Riley." Miles turned to see Tristan on his phone and a smile came across Miles' face.
"Dude, have you seen Ana Beth around lately?"
"No dude. Not since she gave birth about 14 years ago,"
"Yeah...I saw her all big and pregnant at the clubs once. No one was with her. Then that was it."
Miles' eyes widened.
"What do you mean?! Dude...you know me and Beth hooked up around that time..."
"I know man, you told me but I just didn't think that it'd be yours I mean she is a hoe. I figured after you, she hoed with another guy,"
"Ugh...because she's here in Toronto. The guy I cheated on Riley with is Ana Beth's daughters' adoptive father..."
"Holy crap...you should call the cops or do your lawyer shit and make her go away or something,"
"I just need to know if that baby is mine."
"A DNA test will do...hope it works out for ya. What if she is yours?"
"Heh...the rest I'll have to figure out later. Gotta go, nice talking to ya dude,"

Miles hung up and turned to Tristan. Tristan looked at him and sighed.
"So I have to go, Ana's gonna get up in a bit and I have to drop her off to school but I'll just come back here after..." Miles grabbed Tristan's hand and looked deep into his eyes. Just ask him for a DNA test. Tristan stared down at Miles' hand and then at his face.
"Tris...I think Ana is my daughter..." Miles told Tristan nervously. Tristan stared at Miles as if he was crazy.
"Yeah...I'm sure she's fond of you but...there's no way you're her real dad,"

"Hey Trent, is Miles here?" Beth entered their apartment. Trent stood up, shaking his head. He was high.
"You know love, it rude to not knock," he said as he puffed his cigarette smoke to her face. Beth coughed and pushed him aside.
"Miles?!" She called out. Miles came out of the bathroom in his towel and shook his head.
"You just can't take a hint, can ya?" Miles said as he wiped his neck. Miles started to walk towards his room, closing the door behind him but Beth stopped him. He turned around and groaned.
"Oh my god, bitch just leave me alone! We had sex, it doesn't mean we're getting married!" Miles told her coldly. Beth sighed.
"Miles I have to tell you something..." she started. Miles pushed her gently towards the exit.
"Beth, I don't want to hear it. You need to leave,"
"But it's really important MILES! Please!"
"NO! Look, I'm sorry you had feelings for me at some point but the only feeling I have for you is the annoyed feeling." Miles told her. "Please just go away. I'm meeting my boyfriend tonight and I can't have you ruining anything. Good bye." Before Beth could say anything else, Miles slammed the door in her face.
Beth shook her head and held her tummy as tears fell from her face.

"So you're Ana's father? And how am I suppose to believe that? What if you're lying? And why didn't you let her have a chance to speak?" Tristan said drove into his driveway.
"Because she wasn't a serious thing she was just some girl and I didn't think I'd even get her pregnant. Like I swear I pulled out before I came..." Miles explained to him. Tristan sighed. He turned off the car and leaned his head to the car wheel.
"This is just a lot to process. No matter what happens, Grant will always be her father... you know that." Tristan said sternly. Miles nodded. Miles knew that if he had just given Ana Beth a chance, things would've been different.
"She pulled a gun at us in New York," Tristan told Miles.
"What?" Miles was confused.
"The day we got back from the center and we brought Ana home. She followed us and she came in our house. Grant probably didn't lock the door. She had a gun pointed at me and Ana. But Grant came from behind her and hit her, she was unconscious for a while. Grant grabbed her gun and when she woke up told her that if she let us go, he wouldn't call the police," Miles shook his head. He couldn't believe what Tristan was telling him.
"And you didn't call the police?" Tristan shook his head in response.

The two got down from the car and walked up to the door.
"So what do we do now?" Miles asked, putting his hands on his waist. Tristan turned the knob and sighed.
"I'm not sure...maybe a DNA test between you and Ana could be the next step..." Tristan replied.
The two walked into the living and I gasped to see Owen and Zoë tied against the fireplace, with their mouth taped shut. There stood near them Ana Beth. Miles' eyes widened at the sight of his crazy one night stand chick. Beth turned turned around, a caliber pistol in her hand, and smiled at the two.
"Well, Miles and Tristan...it's been way too long..." the beautiful brunette woman evilly grinned at the two as they stared at each other fearing the worst.