Chapter seven

Michael turns around to find X-ray standing there in a black t-shirt and black pyjama pants

Michael turns around to find X-ray standing there in a black t-shirt and black pyjama pants. "X-ray?!"

X-ray comes over to stand in front of Michael. "Only I know as far as I am aware." He informs Michael.

Michael glances away. "I'm sorry. I guess I just wanted to help." He says. "I wanted to show that I changed... As you know I used to be not very social with other people. But despite that you two accepted me as friend... Even allowed me into your home... Then I was mostly just sitting around..."

"So you wanted to help. You wanted to be useful." X-ray concludes.

Michael nods. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything."

Suddenly Michael is being pulled into a hug by X-ray making him blink in surprise.

"I understand." X-ray tells him. "I understand the want to help. To be useful. You know... I never told anyone this but... There was a time that I felt useless and unneeded."

Michael blinks in surprise. "Really?"

X-ray nods. "So I understand the want to help." He pulls away so their eyes can meet. "I won't tell anyone anything."

Michael smiles softly. "Thank you." He hugs X-ray again who hugs back.

The next day elsewhere......

"We might not have another choice." Geoff's friend says. He is looking at the portal as he had come when he heard how long Michael has been gone for. "Though it is in our best interest to wait I'm starting to have doubts."

"I'm not waiting anymore!" Gavin snaps then he runs through the portal.

"Gavin!" Geoff calls and is about to chase after him but he is stopped as his friend puts an arm out to stop him. He looks to his friend.

"We all have our own paths to follow." Geoff's friend says looking really serious. "And it is up to us to find that path." He turns meeting Geoff's eyes. "Let's let him do his thing." He lowers his arm to his side.

Geoff glances to the portal then nods. "Maybe Gavin can convince Michael to come home." He says.

Geoff's friend smiles softly at this.

..........................................................................

It's around sunset.

Michael has joined the others in the lab.

Vav has been healed and his suit repaired.

The others are busy kind of leaving the two on their own in one part of the room. Hilda is trying to show them her new invention but Vav and Michael hang back right now.

Michael turns with eyes half open then he goes over to Vav looking at his chest.

Vav tilts his head in confusion.