Handsome Officer

Louis walks down the sidewalk, tipsy and buzzing and tingling in all the right places. It's probably two in the morning when he finally slips out of the pub. It's a wonder how he didn't get totally smashed, what with Niall trying to shove Tequila down his throat all night. It was fun, every Friday night is fun.

Louis smiles warmly to himself and digs his hands deeper in his coat pockets. He continues walking down the street and turns a right. He could hear the faint sounds of police sirens, but he doesn't think much of it. His neighborhood looks sketchy, but nothing ever happens. Except now, there's a guy walking towards him with a ratty backpack and he's waving at Louis like they know each other. Louis waves back warily.

The guy stops in front of Louis, keeping him from going any further and smiles. "Hey!"

"Oh. Um. Hi. Hello." Louis says. He pulls his coat closed and steps back a little. Jesus, this is really uncomfortable. The wails of sirens getting louder this time and this guy is really creeping him the fuck out. "I actually have to get home, so." Louis points to the building behind him and side steps and-get this- the guy copies his actions and blocks him off again!

"Wait, wait." He hands Louis the bag. The sirens are getting close, so close and Louis is scared out of his wits, but he can't think of why this is such a bad situation because he's still under the influence. "My son forgot his backpack at my place and I was going to give it to him, but my boss just called, so I have to go to work. Could you take it to apartment 13B?" Louis takes the bag and nods just as police cars race into view. "Thanks man! Good luck!" And he runs off, leaving Louis looking at him dazedly.

Louis barely has time to take a step when the headlights almost blind him. He puts a hand up to cover his eyes when he hears a deep voice shouting somewhere behind these god damned lights. "Drop the bag and put your hands up!"

"I can't! I have to take this up to 13B!" Louis yells back. Well, he can't. A boy needs his school work.

"Sir, drop the bag or you'll be in much more trouble!" The same voice shouts. Trouble? For giving a boy his backpack? What the hell is wrong with PD these days? Whatever. Louis drops the bag and puts his hands up.

"Alright! But it's on your head if the kid gets a detention!" Louis replies, giggling. Then, a tall, really really /hot/ police man is running towards him and he grabs Louis' hands and puts them together behind his back and pushes him forward. "Gonna handcuff me? Don't you think we should take this to the bedroom?" Louis stage whispers. Suddenly, he's not being pushed anymore. He's being handcuffed. Oh god, he's actually being handcuffed.

"You're coming with me." The police man says. His voice low and gravelly and hot and Louis really wants this.

"Cheeky." Louis follows him to the police car and he's shoved into the back seat.

It's ten minutes into the ride when Louis sobers up and everything finally catches up to him. "Wait, I don't. I'm not the one with the backpack."

"You were the one holding it when we arrived." He said.

"Right, but didn't you see the guy that ran right past me? He gave it to me! I don't know what the hell is even in there!" Louis almost shouts. It doesn't matter how hot the police man is, Louis is not going to jail for this! God, his mum's gonna kill him.

"Don't worry about that. We've got him handled. We're just going to ask you a few questions."

Louis calms down a little. Okay. He's not going to prison. It's okay. But why is he handcuffed? "I've got a question, why the fuck am I handcuffed."

There was no answer. The police man looks in the rear view mirror and stares into Louis' eyes for a few seconds, then looks back on the dark road ahead and heaves a wavering sigh.