The Last Goodbye

‘I love you’ were the last words Louis heard from his boyfriend. He lay there, in bed, with him and the other boys surrounding him. According to the doctors, he only had the next few hours to live. The other boys already said their goodbyes, and now Harry was next to him, sitting on the chair and licking his lips, not sure what to say. Harry smiled at him and grabbed his hand, pressing a kiss to it. Louis smiled at him and wiped a tear that was falling down his face. “Don’t worry, babe, I’ll always be with you,” he said, keeping his hand on Harry’s cheek, but it took a lot of his strength to keep it there. Harry nodded and smiled at him. “I know,” he whispered, a tear escaping his eyes. Louis put his hand on the bed beside him, unable to hold it up anymore. They stared at each other until Harry opened his mouth to say something.

“Louis William Tomlinson,” Harry said pushing the chair aside and getting down on one knee. Louis put his hand over his mouth as Harry bent down. “I love you with everything I have, and I want you to be mine forever, even if we can’t live together. I need you to be mine,” he said, reaching into his pocket, fumbling with the box that was inside. He took Louis’ hand in his and wiped the tears from his eyes before continuing. “Louis William Tomlinson, the love of my life for four years, I need you to be mine forever, no matter what is happening,” he whispered, feeling the tears in his eyes again. He paused for a minute and wiped the tears away again. “But for that to happen, I ask you for your hand in marriage. Louis William Tomlinson. Will you marry me? Will you be mine forever?” he finally asked, a few tears falling as he watched Louis. Louis smiled and watched Harry open the box, pulling out a simple golden ring with a little diamond on top. He still held Louis’ hand as he licked his lips.

Louis smiled at him and nodded his head slightly, looking at the ring and it was the most perfect thing he could ever think of. “Yes, Harry, I will marry you,” he whispered, allowing Harry to put the ring on his finger. Harry smiled and finally let the tears fall as he slowly slid the ring on Louis’ finger, closing his eyes when he got it on completely. Louis smiled and wiped the tears from Harry’s face. “Don’t cry, love,” he whispered, smiling down at him. Harry nodded and looked up at Louis.

“I love you, Louis, and I got us a priest so he could marry us,” he said, leaning down and kissing Louis’ forehead. “The boys said they would all be the best man so we can get married today.” He walked towards the door, looking at the boys and they walked in. Louis looked at all their faces and saw that Liam looked broken, while Zayn stayed by hi side and held him close. Niall was the one who stood off to the side, crying silently and staring at Louis. He licked his lips and walked closer. “Thank you for coming,” Harry said, looking at the priest.

“It’s no problem at all,” the priest said, walking over to the bed. “I’ll marry you two and let you be alone afterwards.” He smiled and stood behind the bed. Liam and Zayn walked next to Louis while Harry took Louis’ hand, the one that had the ring on it, and he kissed it softly, not wanting to hurt him. “I won’t take too long, we’ll skip most of the ceremony, as you asked. Harry Styles, repeat after me.” Harry nodded and kept his eyes on Louis. “I, Harry Edward styles,” “I, Harry Edward styles,” “Take you, Louis William Tomlinson,” “Take you, Louis William Tomlinson,” “To be my lawful wedded husband,” “To be my lawful wedded husband,” “To have and to hold,” “To have and to hold,” “In sickness and in heath,” “In sickness and in health,” “Till death do us part,” “Forever and always.” Louis smiled and he watched everyone around them, Liam trying to hold in his tears while Niall had his head facing the ground, crying silently. Zayn was the only one who was smiling at them with tears in his eyes. He looked towards the door and saw Paul standing there, having only the door frame holding him up as he was in hysterics, the only one making noise.

Louis looked at the priest. “Louis, repeat after me.” Louis nodded. “I, Louis William Tomlinson,” “I, Louis William Tomlinson,” “Take Harry Edward Styles,” “Take Harry Edward Styles,” “To be my lawful wedded husband,” “To be my lawful wedded husband,” “To have and to hold,” “To have and to hold,” “In sickness and in health,” “In sickness and in health,” “Till death do us part,” “Forever and always.” Liam had fallen to his knees by the time Louis finished and he was crying into his hands. “The rings?” Niall nodded and took the rings out of his pocket, handing them to the priest. “Harry Styles, do you take Louis Tomlinson to be your husband?” “I do,” Harry said, taking the ring that was on his finger and replacing it with a single gold band with the engraving ‘Forever +’. Louis licked his lips and he started to tear up, hearing everyone around him crying. “Do you, Louis Tomlinson, take Harry Styles to be your husband?” “I do,” Louis said, grabbing the other ring, reading the engraving as ‘+ Always’, and slid it on Harry’s finger. They looked into eachother’s eyes. “You may kiss the groom,” the priest said.

Harry smiled and placed his hand on Louis’ cheek, leaning forward and placing a kiss on his lips, keeping it soft. His tears had fallen on top of Louis’ cheek and he pulled away, looking at Louis. “I love you,” Harry whispered, watching the heart monitor as it slowed and the beeping got shorter. He continued to look at Louis as the rest of the boys fell to the ground, crying and holding themselves.

Harry heard a long ‘beep’ and he looked at the monitor, a long line going across the screen as he felt Louis’ grip loosen and watched him close his eyes. He held his hand tighter and he felt the tears falling as he pressed a kiss to Louis’ ring, keeping his lips pressed there. He saw a few tears fall on Louis’ hand and he wiped them away, not paying attention to anyone around him. He lay his head on Louis chest and he cried, not caring about anyone as the only one he could love died in front of him.

*-*-*-*-
Im crying