Chapter 2

"I'm so sorry." Luke tells him looking down at the source of Dylan's pain. "It's my fault. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." Dylan says taking a deep breath. Luke moves the tuba case off of Dylan and bends down to inspect his foot. "Does it hurt?,  Dylan shrugs "little bit I guess." Luke examines the foot closely before finally concluding Dylan was all okay. Dylan takes a step faking a limp. Maybe he'll get lucky and be done helping for the night. But before he is able to take another step a strong arm is around him "Let me help you inside." Dylan leans into Luke's warm touch, "You uh really don't have to help me. I-" Luke cuts him off. "I want to. I feel bad besides you won't be able to march Monday if you're foot is hurt. You should take it easy." Dylan sighs what is the worst that could happen? He nods and let's Luke help lead him into the high school. When inside Luke sits Dylan in a chair making sure he's comfortable before leaving to find ice. Dylan is watching LuKe walk away when Dailyn comes over, "Why aren't you helping?" She asks. Dylan gestures in the general direction of his foot "I hurt my foot." Dailyn gives him a disappointing look "How?" Luckily before he can answer Luke is back "Here ya go." Dailyn blushes and gives Dylan a questioning look. Dylan gives her a look saying he'll explain later and thanks Luke for the ice.