Yō Chitose

You were his girfriend. You loved him. Your feelings were mutual.... Right?
It would have been too perfect. Too perfect to be real. Him loving you back... It's impossible, right?
All that time you spend together with him, It was just an illusion. Well, it was only a few months. But you felt happy. He was your first boyfriend... But you were too naive to realize his true feelings. Behind all those smiles and kisses, all he wanted was to get in bed with you, and that's all. Nothing more.

He doesn't give a damn about me.

"It's been two months! Forget about this jerk already!" Said (best friend's name) slamming her hands on the small table.
You blew on your coffee to cool it up, before taking a sip.
When (best friend's name) is in that kind of mood, better ignore her.
"I know that he was your first boyfriend and all, but... Argh! Why did you loved him anyway?? It was written all over his face that he was a player!" She cried, gaining the attention from all the customers in the cafe.
"Not when I met him... Well, maybye I was too dumb to realize it, but when i met him, he was friendly, kindhearted, and kind of a coward, and that's what i found attractive about him... Not to mention his looks"

She sighed heavily. "You're too naive!" "I know" you replied, "I know."

Yō Chitose. That was his name. You first met him when you were walking by Bar Homra. You had never went there because it seemed like a shady place. But after you started to go out with him, you went to visit this bar more than you could ever imagine. It was kinda weird, but the owner and his friends were really friendly.

You had seen Chitose flirting with some girls, but you didn't thought he was a Don Juan.
Two months ago, he said that he wanted to break up. Just like that. He said that he didn't loved you anymore, and that you were getting annoying. And he left.

After your meeting with (best friend's name), you decided to take a walk around Shizume City. You walked everywhere, just following your own steps, until you reached the cemetery.
'Oops, i think i went too far... I need to get back ho-'
Suddenly, you saw him. He was in front of a grave, a sad look on his face.
'What is he doing here? Maybye it's a relative's grave... Oh, i should go back home before he sees me!"

As you turned around, you heard Chitose calling you. "(Name)... Is that you?"
You swallowed and forced a smile. "Yeah ! Long time no see!"
'Ah... I just want to dug myself in a hole right now...'

"You're certainly asking yourself what I am doing here, and why I left you so suddenly..." He said in a low voice.

'Well duh! Of course i am!' You thought.

"Come here." He said as he grabbed your tiny hand into his.

"This is my ex girlfriend... I dated her when i was in college" he pointed the grave. Your heart skipped a beat.

"Oh..." You whispered. What could have happened?

"One day, she left me. I didn't know why. I was devastated. A year later, i got a call from her parents. They said that she had an illness, and that she died. But she didn't want me to know. She didn't want me to suffer... From that day on, i went out with lots of girls, but not looking for a serious relationship. Then, i met you. You looked like her. Same smile, same personality... I guess that It was the reason i went out with you. Then, i realized this was so wrong... I coudn't continue to date you... So that's why..."

"Shut up. Don't say anything more. You only dated me because I look like her... I guess love is really blind huh? She's one lucky girl... Even if she's dead, you still love her with all your heart" you said bitterly, chocking back your tears.

"Do you hate me...?"

"Of course i do" you smiled, hoping that the tears won't come out, "you didn't really loved me, all you did was seeing that girl's reflection in me... Who woudn't hate you for that, huh?"

You turned around to wipe the tears that were forming at the corner of your eyes. "At least, i will thank you for those few months that you spend with me, i was really happy."

"Wait (name)! I know you hate me, but... Could you please forgive me? I'm not asking you to get back together with me, just... Forgive me please"

"....only because i'm kind, i will. But only this time."

A small smile appeared at the corner of his lips.
"Thank you (name)."