Phase5: Trouble, Little known history facts, and Apples

About fifteen minutes later, we had reached our old house, which was where we would be staying. I thought it was funny, the home had been vacant all these years because no one wanted to live in Theodora Hale's old house. Apparently, someone had started a rumor that I had died that day on the roof, and now my ghost haunted the house, which I personally thought didn’t make sense. If I had died and became a ghost, I would have haunted the roof of the school, or even better, Alexander Kane.

“So this is the place,” Nate said, surveying the exterior of the home. It wasn’t much compared to the fancy Victorian style houses that were more frequent as you went deeper into the city, but it was quaint and had a homey feeling to it. It was a simple two story house, the once soft sky blue paint was now peeling and the flowers that once crawled up the sides were beyond dead. Despite all this, it still had a fairytale look to it, as if it just came out of one of the storybooks I used to read when I was a little girl.                                                            

“It’s nice,” he commented softly.

I don’t think Nate has ever lived in an actual house before. Well when he was still a baby, Nate and my parents traveled around the world on a sort of extra-long maternity leave/vacation/chance to be normal type of thing and stayed in a lot of hotels, but I don’t think that counts. My mom and dad had always wanted to travel the world, but with both of them being active STAR agents, they never got a chance to actually visit places as tourists. So in a way, they used Nate as an excuse to ditch work. Yup, my parents were smart chocolate chip cookies. During those five years, Mom and Dad took up photography and even had a pretty successful business. Then one day, Nate got a hold of one of their camera’s and turned it into a toy robot (which I know for a fact that he still has), then they enrolled him in STAR and they went back to the field.

“Dibs on picking my room first,” Nate said, running up the stairs of the porch. I followed suit, trying to keep up with his huge strides. God, I don’t even think they could be strides. Leaps is more like it. Yeah, let’s go with that. I followed him in, trying to keep up with his leaping.

I slowed as I entered the house, doing a full 360, surveying the interior. Some guys from SUNS had come by earlier to drop off our stuff, so boxes littered the floors. They even restored a lot of the furniture, making it look as if we had never left. I took my time looking through each room thoroughly, all while my mind was being flooded with a tsunami of memories. It took me a while, but I finally made it to the basement.

“Of course you would be in here, “I scoff at Nate, who had already started unpacking his tools.

“Oh, yeah sure. Of course you can invade my man cave, then proceed to make fun of it. By all means,” he says sarcastically, with his back still turned to me.

“Man cave? Are you serious? You’re such a guy.”

“That’s what it says on my birth certificate.” 

“You know you have school tomorrow, right?” he continues. Nodding my head, I start to play around with his stuff. Staring at bunch of screws, I mentally commanded them.  Up.  

Contrary to popular belief, telekinesis does not involve any hard concentration or need for constipated facial expressions. It’s actually more like dog training. You tell something to move and it’ll move. Easy as that. By now the screws were swirling around Nate’s room, I’m sorry, man cave in random swirls.

“You aren’t gonna pull anything are you?” he asks.

“Actually my hamstring been hurting, but I’m sure I’ll be fine if I just stretch.”