Let It Snow (2011)

Getting snowed in at her boyfriend's house near Christmas isn't so bad for Eve - especially when she can try to beat him in a snowball fight.

I don't want to move anywhere

I don't want to move anywhere. It's far too comfy here, lying on the sofa in Will's arms with his chin resting on my shoulder as we watch the end of Miracle on 34th Street. But as the credits begin to roll on the TV screen, Will lets out a sigh, his breath washing over my face, and his arms tighten around me, because he knows exactly what I'm about to say.

"I have to get going," I mumble regretfully. I don't want to go home. I don't even want to get up from this spot.

"Can't you stay just a little longer?" he asks, pleading. "Another half hour."

"I can't," I say, and I force myself to peel his arms away from me. "I was supposed to be home like, an hour ago."

Will chuckles and sits up, holding onto my hand as I clamber off the sofa and get to my feet. "Your parents won't be too mad though."

"Nah, they won't mind," I say, smiling. "But I should probably go now..."

Will sighs again, dropping my hand. He stands and walks over to the window, and I follow him, peeking outside as Will pulls the curtains and the blinds back so we can see out.

The snow falls thick and fast outside, almost a blizzard. The orange glow of the streetlights mingle with the paced alternation of coloured Christmas lights decorating the houses in the street, but everything seems muffled by the snow. There aren't any cars out on the roads, and if there are any a couple of streets down, it's impossible to hear them.

The thing that makes me smile most though, is seeing that in the last two hours or so since we looked out at the starting flurries of snow, there're a good few inches blocking up the roads.

"Looks like you're not going anywhere," Will says, and there's a blatantly smug note in his voice as he drops the blinds back into place.

"What, are you keeping me prisoner here now?"

He laughs and hugs me, his arms slipping around my waist. He plants a kiss on my forehead. "Well, that, and I fear for your safety, like the caring boyfriend I am."