Christmas Cupid - Part Two (2018)

The office Christmas party is one disaster after the next for Maisie - especially when she has to leave early and her only option for a ride home is the biggest 'what if' of her life: Zach. Stuck in the car together (and stuck in traffic) who knows what could happen with a little Christmas magic? After all - there's no time like the present...

Part Two, as promised!

"What can I say? You stole my heart

"What can I say? You stole my heart."

Zach lets out a breath of laughter. "You wish."

Maybe I do wish. Just a little. There's always been that little niggling what if... but it was always pushed aside very quickly by my stubborn attitude that a guy who wouldn't text me back wasn't worth my time.

Now he's pointed it out though, I may have had more to do with that than I realised. I thought I was just being upfront and honest at the time. After Zach stopped replying to me, I realised how much I'd wanted something more to happen with him.

The worst part of it was that I couldn't talk to Isla about it.

Obviously I never mentioned to her while we were at uni that I thought her brother was cute. (He'd had a girlfriend the majority of the time I'd known Isla anyway.)

The first time I saw him and we were both single was at New Year's during my third year of uni; I'd stayed with Isla at her parents' for the night and we'd gone to a club with Zach and his mates. A cheeky kiss at midnight wasn't anything the others even thought twice about at the time, but the chemistry was just... wow.

I saw him over the Easter break. Nothing happened, but I could tell we both wanted something to happen.

And then, of course, there was graduation week back in the summer. A group of us had gone out for a celebratory cocktail, I'd not fancied a big night out, Zach said he was too old at twenty-four to go out with uni students, so he offered to walk me back home, and...

I shake myself.

But now I'm thinking about it, and can't help but notice that Zach smells so good, and I can't believe I got doused in red wine.