Everything Stays

Sans knocked on Alphys' lab. He texted Papyrus saying that he may be late. But he didn't know how late, so he never stated a specific time. After a bit of waiting, the metal door opened. He couldn't be that late, right?
"alphys, you called?" sans yelled exasperatedly. The dino-lizard monster (thing) was nowhere to be seen. As he walked deeper into the True Lab, he saw an unearthly glow. Turning the corner, he saw Alphys working away on a computer. Sans teleported right behind Alphys until she noticed.
     "AHHH!" Alphys screamed, startled by a sudden appearance by Sans. He chuckled a bit then looked at what she was working on. It was a room protected with a barrier. Only things with a SOUL can get out unless the barrier was removed. Random items were scattered across the floor which made it hard to move around and some piles were taller than the both of them so it became a maze.
     "so what is this? seems too 'normal' for a gal like you." he asked. He entered deeper into the room and picked up a few items. Alphys began to explain, "T-they are being-uh-tested on to-um, kinda-sorta-maybe stop time for them? L-like sorta like the rate that they grow or age? I-it of course doesn't stop them completely. They do move, b-but every so slightly."
      Sans exited the room and began scanning the monitors. Right then, something splashed onto the floor. He turned around and saw the endogeny, waiting for Sans to throw the bone they dropped. He picked it up and quickly threw it, for he knew what could happen for regular monsters if they physically interact with the amalgamations. The dogs ran out of the room, leaving the two alone.
His stomach growled. If only he'd have ate some of the appetizers when Papyrus was looking. He didn't have any ketchup and he sure didn't go to Grillby's, Paps made sure of that. Shaking himself out of his little daydream, he had suddenly thought of something.
"have you tried placing a living thing in there?" he asked Alphys with a curious look in his eye-sockets. Alphys shook her head and replied, "I haven't yet. I-I'm still a bit, let's say, afraid, since what happened to them." She looked at the corner where the edogeny had disappeared. A tear ran down her cheek and Sans quickly walked into her thoughts and comforted her until she stopped.
      They ended up watching anime while Sans kept sending puns to Papyrus via text.
                              ~~~~~~~~~
S: knock knock

P: SANS NO

S: aw come on

P: I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO

S: you know it

S: anyways paps did you know i picked up lockpicking?

P: *internally screaming*

S: its really opened a lot of doors for me

P: HEY PUNK ITS UNDYNE. WHERE ARE YOU? WHERES ALPHYS? YOU GUYS NEED TO GET BACK HERE NOW!
Oh and you totally made Paps throw his phone and now it's kinda scratched. Good thing I caught it! But seriously. Hurry up.

S: we're comin just reheat the food if it gets too cold. see ya
                              ~~~~~~~~~
"lets go Alphys, we'll be late." he got up and began to head to the door. Alphys quickly got up and stopped Sans.
      "Wait. We have to check something first. I think the-uh machine..." She trailed off as she head to the room full of clutter. Sans turned around and head after Alphys. They began to check the room to make sure nothing got into it somehow. Right when they were leaving the room, something happened.
    And everything stayed. But it changed, too.