Prologue

A tom looked around, eyes wide.

Silvery trees outlined the endless sky to his right, surrounded by bushes, shrubs, ferns, flowers, and everything in between. He caught sight of a shrew clawing at a nut but it looked up before running and disappearing between an alcove between vines. He watched in total silence before he heard a crunch. 

Looking up, he saw a beautiful tortoiseshell she-cat come forward. She was mostly brown, with patches of ginger, black, and white fluffy paws. Her green eyes burned into his emerald ones, making him blink.

"Who're you?" He breathed, eyes wide, "Am I dead? Am I in StarClan?" 

The tortie smiled in amusement, "No, Reggy, you are not dead. My name is Dapplepool, I was an ancestor of Jasmine." 

Reggy's eyes widened, "Jasmine.. my love.. where is she? Is she here?" He gazed around wildly, only for a soft tail to move his head back so he was looking at the she-cat. "She's here." The old toms heart soared at the thought of his mate so close, but it plummeted as the she-cat continued, "But you cannot speak to her." Seeing his heartbroken expression, her green eyes softened, and she added in a gentle tone, "At least, not yet." 

Reggy watched as she looked around, eyes freezing on something in the distance. He followed her gaze and tensed when he saw something shiny and orange, quickly the word fire came to his mind and he scrambled up. "By StarClan, why aren't you guys running? Why is it moving so slowly?!" He gazed at the fire again and saw a large blue storm. "Snowstorm?" He asked softly, making the she-cat shake her head. "StormClan has experienced many snow storms, but a blizzard hasn't made itself known since.. Buzzardstar." She gazed back at the clashing elements. "Fire will rage, destroying every thing in it's path, but ice will come trying to calm its wrath. Fire will not listen, fire will drench all with scarlet. Storm will come and extinguish the flame." Reggy stared at her, eyes wide. She gazed at the battle before she turned her attention to Reggy. "Don't tell anyone of this dream Reggy, they do not need more stress then what Lionclaw has caused."

The elder blinked, "Is Frosttiger going to die?" 

"Frosttiger has a great destiny, he knows that, but does not want to accept it. You must help him, all of you must." The old she-cat replied.

"You're avoiding my question." Frustration eased it's way in the old toms mew, making the cat let out a mrrow of laughter. 

"For one so old, you act so young." Dapplepool chortled, earning a grumpy look from Reggy. "Stand with Frosttiger, Reggy, with a path so obscure and painful, he'll need all the support he can get. Now, rest well, remember that this is our little secret." 

Nodding, Reggy watched as the she-cat faded and jerked his head up. 

Moonlight snaked it's way through the ferns and such protecting the burrow that was the elders den. He gazed around, eyeing his sleeping denmates before he stood, making his way out of the den. He looked at the sky, the familiar milky scent of Dapplepool finding it's way to his nostrils. 

He looked to the side, eyeing a familiar gray pelt among the many in the warriors den. 

"May StarClan light your path Frosttiger." 

His mew, so small, was washed away by the gentle sound of the breeze. Lost among the trees.