07 | the one with the surprise

NOW PLAYING: LIKE ROMANCE COMICS BY MAD CLOWN, BROTHER SU

♬ NOW PLAYING: LIKE ROMANCE COMICS BY MAD CLOWN, BROTHER SU♬

11:25 PM

IT WAS HOT IN HERE. The weather outside was below 0°C but on the inside, it was like a furnace.

I could feel beads of perspiration trickling down the sides of my face as I paced up and down my room.

I fumbled around the bedsheets, looking for my phone and checked the time. Huh, 11:25 PM.

I was alone in the apartment at the moment because Ashley and Noah went clubbing with Zack in some new club that opened in Hongdae. Or was it Gangnam?

They tried to drag me along with them earlier but I refused because I didn't want another embarrassing incident to happen again.

Just a few days ago, we had drinks at Zack and Jae's apartment and long story short, it got real messy. I don't even want to get into the details of it but all I can say was that I had woken up with one of the worst headaches of my life. Not only that, I also owed Jae a shit ton.

After I learnt my lesson that night, I decided to take a little break from drinking. Or maybe, completely abstaining from it. (which I highly doubt would happen, but a girl can dream)

I threw myself onto the sofa, blasted some Korean R&B on the speakers and switched on the TV.

Tonight was going to be a good night. I had the sweet company of myself, free wifi and the latest season of New Journey to the West. It sounded good already.

11:45 PM

I take that back. Twenty minutes into solitude and I feel that perhaps getting drunk would have been a better option. This was getting really boring. Turns out, the variety show I was planning on watching ended within the first fifteen minutes and then, I was left with nothing. I scanned through all the cable channels but all the shows were just repeats which I had watched the day before.

I sighed and pushed myself off the sofa. Was this how I was going to spend the night? All alone, with the comfort of my half-eaten bowl of cup noodles and repeats of Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo?

I looked in the direction of my room and caught a glimpse of my bed. Hmm, it looked inviting. Should I sleep now?

11:45 PM, still pretty early in Alexandria time. If I were back in San Fran, I would have been hitting up the night scene with my friends from Uni. It was a Friday night for fuck's sake, what was I doing lying around in the apartment?