Chapter 2

Holy crap.

It's Ed.

CHAPTER 2

He smiled, "Hey."

I don't know what to say...do I act like I know him? We just only met yesterday, and that was because I saved his damn life.

"Uh, hi Ed," I say confused, "What brings you here?" 

He laughs, "I actually work here," He points to the wall behind him. "I'm Ed Sheeran, John is my dad," He taps the plaque and turns his attention back to me.

Sure enough there's a plaque on the wall with his dads name on it. I usually never thought anything of it when I saw Mr. Sheeran around the shop. I know him, he knows me, we chat sometimes. He and my dad used to work together about ten years back. I only thought he had one son, Matthew. He must have mentioned Ed some time or another...he's a very family-oriented man.

"He never mentions you," I blurt out, soon regretting it as Ed starts to look brought down. "I didn't mean it like that-"

"No," He shrugs, "I'm not a son to be proud of," he shrugs it off.

"Did you get in trouble last night?" He asks changing the subject.

"No...I snuck in and quickly put my clothes in the dryer," I laugh.

"Thanks for last night, again." He says sweetly, touching the top of my hand. I feel a tingle in my stomach.

"No problem," I nervously laugh. "Were you drunk last night?" I curiously ask.

He looks off and laughs, call me crazy but his laugh is the hottest thing...

"I don't drink, not while I'm still underage," he says seriously.

"But last night-" I start but he cuts me off.

"I wasn't drunk. I was just stupid," He looks me in the eyes and laughs.
"I don't know how to swim," he confesses.

"It takes a real man to confess something like that," I joke. For a minute we just kind of stare at each other. Ed is quite attractive, honestly. Some may say otherwise but he's just my type. I never saw myself liking a ginger before, but his vibrant hair suits him perfectly. They clash well with his bright blue eyes. 

"Ed!" A voice calls from the back of the shop.

"I gotta get to work," he says getting up, "but I'd love to get to know you better. Will you accompany me to dinner tomorrow night? My treat to the girl who saved my life." He asks politely-but rather sheepishly- taking out a pen and a ripped piece of paper.
"If it's early," I agree, "My curfew is 10pm on Sundays," I mumble.

"I'll pick you up at 6pm then, yeah?"

"Perfect," I say, and he slips the paper to me.

His phone number.

When I look up he's all the way across the room heading back to his shift. I enter his number into my crappy little phone and make the contact for him.

When my hot chocolate is empty and I'm satisfied, I head out to my bike and ride home.

Better to be home insanely early than insanely late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N)
should I continue? please comment.
if so, what would you like to see more of?