02

CRAZY ASS FRIEND & A NEW FACE| two

     a few hours after danielle woke up from her dream, the teen got dressed and ready for her combat lessons. these lessons were to get a werewolf ready for anything that were to happen.

for example: a rogue wolf pack could attack at that very moment, and they would need to shift quickly.

     the teen had no idea why she should need these lessons, since she hadn't even had her first shift with her wolf.

     "be patient danielle, it all comes with time."

     "with time? wasn't i supposed to shift on the full moon during my eighteenth birthday?"

     "yes, but your body isn't ready for that yet."

     this made the teen groan inwardly. danielle walked downstairs where she saw her mother and older brother standing by the kitchen counter talking about something. "morning mama." she greeted with a small smile.

     roland scoffed, "what am i? chopped liver?"

     danielle rolled her eyes at him. "you're going to be a chopped liver in a minute." she threatened jokingly. "you don't scare me little girl." roland chuckled while crossing his arms.

    "oh really?" the teen asked with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

            "really."

    "mama, did you know that we had a little visitor last night?" dani asked with a smug smile, making roland's eyes widen.

     "we did not have a visitor! ma, she's lying." roland protested while giving his younger sister a death glare. this made their mother look at them in confusion.

     "i swear...something is wrong with the both of you." their mother mumbled under her breath with a small laugh before walking away from the siblings.

     "you tryna get me killed?!"
"something like that." dani laughed.

     "dani!"

           "in the kitchen with your boo!" dani called out. a few seconds later, danielle heard footsteps making their way to the kitchen to reveal her best friend, ondina parker.

      "my baby, i'm here!" ondina exclaimed while squeezing her younger friend into a hug. "i missed you too." dani laughed while hugging her back.

    roland looked at the both of them in mock hurt and disbelief. "again, what am i? chopped liver?!"

      ondina and roland were mates. they didn't always know this, but when they found out...it was a bit awkward for roland. for ondina, it was the greatest thing that's happened because she's had a crush on him ever since she and danielle became friends.

        "aw baby, i didn't forget you." ondina giggled while letting go of danielle, walking over to roland and peckin him on the lips. this made dani cringe slightly.

     "get a room."
           "we're in one, you get out."
       "gladly."

×××

    danielle walked with ondina into the forest for their combat lesson.

     "dani," ondina said, making the younger girl look over at her. "yeah ondina?" danielle asked with a raised eyebrow. "do you have any luck trying to find your mate?"

    danielle sighed and shook her head. "nope.." the teen mumbled quietly. ondina gave danielle a pat on the shoulder, "you'll find him someday." "ondina, its been three months since i turned eighteen." dani stated, "there's no way that i have one."

    ondina frowned slightly at her best friend's choice of words. when they were younger, she and danielle promised each other that when they both found mates, they would marry on the same day. that promise changed as they got older though.

    there was an awkward silence between them until they heard a gruff male voice.

       "you're late."

     this made the two girls look up to see dark brown eyes staring them down with a stern look.

     danielle furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. she didn't know who he was, but she knew that he wasn't part of the pack.

       "let's go." the male grumbled out in annoyance as he walked away from them.

     danielle looked at ondina in confusion. "who was that?" she asked with raised eyebrows. "that's jay park," ondina answered quietly, "he's the alpha from the pack up east."

     "what's he doing here?" danielle asked in confusion. "a rogue pack attacked his own by an ambush, only he and his beta, gray, are left. your father asked him to help us get prepared if they ever attacked us." ondina answered as they finally got to the site.

        "now that our last two students are done slacking, we can begin." he said, giving the girls a glare.