||Nyx: Goddess Of Darkness|| {3}

||

"Ella I know that it's hard because you had to miss work but it's for your own good that you stayed here at home resting up." Uncle Jake said as he sat at the edge of my bed.

"I know uncle Jake, but I'm fine and I should have been able to go to work, there was no other reason and you said it yourself, I'm fine."

"We- I know. But I just- I just, want to keep you safe. I don't want a repeat of what happened 4 years ago. I- I almost lost you Ella, because of me. And I could never live with that knowing that I couldn't protect you.... That I was the reason you died." My uncle broke down and I couldn't help it as I walked to him and hugged him tightly watching my uncle cry his eyes out because he's worried about me.

Four years ago was the most hell I've ever experienced, that we've all experienced because of an accident.

"Uncle Jake, you know that I will always consider you as more than my uncle, as more than a friend, you hold more to the title "uncle" because all of the years that you have been by my side you have acted like a father but not only to my, Kayla, Lexi, Justin and even Rain and Jesse consider you as their father. You have taken the responsibility of being our uncle, but also of being our father, our best friend, my family. And what happened four years ago was not your fault. You didn't know Max would act like that. You didn't know he had a bomb. You couldn't have known anything. Please stop blaming yourself. We all love you not because you are blood, or because you have the title of our "uncle" but because you have taken us in as your own and taken such care of us that you had permanently created a new barren that formed our fatherly love towards you. You are more than my uncle, you are my dad." I never though I would personally see my uncle cry, and any more because of me. My uncle is my dad. He watched over me when I needed a dad the most.

After about 15 more minutes our heartfelt moment was over when the clock struck 9pm. I realized that if I still wanted to get to my "job" I had to leave now.

"Hey uncle Jake, is it cool if I go to sleep early? I'm kinda tired and just want to sleep." I say and throw in a fake yawn just to make it more believable.

"Yeah, that's totally fine. With the day you had I wouldn't blame you, ha ha. I'll make sure no one else bothers you, anyways your mother already went to bed. Good night munchkin, I love you."

Jake kissed my head and then walked out closing the door after wards. I stood up and grabbed my bag from underneath my bed. Walking towards my vanity, I took out my colored contacts and slipped them in. I have two very different colored eyes, and that's how people recognize me, so I wear blue colored contacts so I won't be recognized.

My phone beeps from my bed and I walk over it to look at it.

"Hey I'm by at the usual hurry up if you wanna get there soon. -JJ"

"Alright be there in 5ish minutes. -Me"

After I send JJ my message I grab my stuff and drop my bag on the ground from my room window. I make sure the door is locked and climb out my window using my tree as my helper.

Finally on the ground I take off running while wearing all black. In about two minutes I finally get to the corner and inside JJ's black hummer. "Hey chica, how's running away from home going?" JJ asks in a playful tone.

Giving him a playful glare, I push his shoulder a little watching him drive down the driveway and back into the main road. It's a solid 15 minute drive from my house to Midnight Ace club.

Where I work.

"Shut up JJ you know that I don't run away just simply sneak out."