Chapter 1

For as long as she could remember, Rain always felt as though she was being watched. Whenever she would try to talk to her parents about it, they would just get nervous about the subject and try to say she was just being paranoid.
She always thought that's all it was, but something deep within her said otherwise. It was like, without the feeling, she felt like she was open to any danger. She felt safe when she felt the stares, she can't describe it though. She had even tried to ask her grandmother about it, but she only brushed it off. That is until Rain started acting different. She started locking herself in her room, keeping the lights on at all times, music blasting, never leaving her room. Her family grew worried, as did someone else.
It pained him to know he was cauisng her to act that way. He didn't mean to scare her, he's only trying to protect her. But he can't let her know that, she can't even know about him. And she never will. He wanted nothing more than to hold her, to let her know that she was sane. He wanted to apologize to her. To wipe the tears away, to make the pain stop. To take the sharp objects away from her skin. That's what he was for. He was there to protect her. She wasn't supposed to be able to tell he was watching. He wasn't meant to fall in love with her. He tried to ignore the feelings, it was just so hard for him. Rain was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, and he's seen a lot in his lifetime.