Jealous

-Monday morning- 6:42am
I don't know how, but I woke up before my alarm this morning. I took a quick shower and changed into my black skinny jeans, black t-shirt, leather jacket, Chicago beanie, and of course my black converse.

=^-^=
Why did I wake up this early. I have 2 hours to do nothing. I guess I should go for a walk. Nah, never mind I hate moving. I do need to exercise though. I decided on just going for a walk since I do need to lose weight and I don't have anything else to do with my life. I was about to open the door to leave when I heard a voice that came from the living room. Crap that scared me.

"What are you doing up this early?" My mother. "I woke up before my alarm and just thought I should come downstairs to go for a walk." I say quietly, scared of what she might do. "Good, you're fat as fuck, you need to lose weight." That hurt. "That's another reason why your dad left, because you're either too skinny most of the time or too fat, you're never normal." How does that make sense? Who would leave someone because their kid isn't in perfect shape? I just ignore her and open up the door a little bit only for it to be stopped by my mom. She closes the door and slaps me. What did I even do?  "You dumbass who goes for a walk this early in the morning?" I feel the tears but I push them away. "Me." I said feeling a little brave. That was stupid. She punched me in the face this time. I felt the blood already start to pour down my face. She kicks me in my lip when I fell to the ground, and that's all I remembered before everything went black.

-Dan's POV-
Jesus what is all that screaming. I woke up and looked out my window only to see Annabel and her mother fighting, again. I feel so bad, but there's nothing I can do. I just watch since they have a window. I guess they forgot to close the curtain. I see her mom slap her then I felt a tear go down my face. She punches her once and she's on the floor. I see her mom smirk as she kicked her in the face. That's it I'm going over there to help. I put on sweatpants but forget to put a shirt on but I'm already outside of the house so that's too bad. I don't knock on the door I just walk in. I see Annabel surrounded by a puddle of her own blood with her mom looking down smiling like she just won a golden medal. That smile soon fades as she sees me. "WHY ARE YOU HERE YOU DUMB FUCK?" Jeez woman calm your saggy tits. "I'm here to help Annabel, I saw what happened. fuck you." As I say that I grab Annabel and walk out of the house slamming the door behind me. Fuck her.

I lay Annabel down on my bed and go to get a wet rag to wash off all the blood. That's a lot of blood. As I was cleaning her arm I noticed a lot of scars, and it's all because of me. Why am I such a screw up. I hurt the one I love. Damn I'm an idiot. I gently finish cleaning all of her cuts on her arm, then I get to her lips. She might wake up if I clean her face, but I have to. I slowly reach my hand up and softly dab the rag on her lips and forehead. She looks so pretty. Awe. Oh no she's lifting her eyelids.

-Anna's POV-
I woke up to Dan holding a bloody rag. I jumped up and looked around to see that I'm in his room. DID HE TRY TO KILL ME?!?!?!

"Woah, Annabel, calm down, it's okay," Dan says calmly.
"Why am I in your room?" I asked curious as to what happened.
"Your mom was hitting you again and I saw it through your window."
"Oh, thank you," I smile genuine to show I'm thankful.
"No problem, I'm sorry you had to go through that," he says sympathetically.
"How are you sorry? You do it to me too."
"I used  to. And I'm sorry about that too."
"There has to be a reason to it though," I continued wanting an answer.
"There is. But I can only tell you half," he states.
"Tell me the full story or I don't want to know at all," I say getting mad.
"Then I can't tell you," he says looking down.
"FINE. FUCK YOU, JERK." I yelled leaving his room and slamming the door behind me. The door opens back up right away and Dan pulls me back into his room where we started.

"Okay, Annabel, I'll tell you." He said giving up.
I sit in silence until he starts talking.

"For the past years my family has always told me that I need to start doing something productive. It's annoying because I'm a lazy person and they expect me to be this athlete that I'm not. My parents friends have children that work out, are athletes, or excel in some type of sport. When they ask what I do my parents say, "go cuddle his best friend and watch movies." Best friend referring to you, they made me feel ashamed of not being sporty. I didn't want to let them down so I had to find a sport that I liked. My parents made me do soccer. I didn't have a choice. That's a running sport. All you do is run as fast as you can and kick a ball, I didn't like it. I didn't want to tell you because we had soccer practices every other day and I didn't want that to affect you. I knew at the time, since you told me, that your mother abused you. I was always there for you, Annabel. I was so sad that I couldn't be there for you anymore. So I just didn't tell you. But by the time school started up again I had already forgotten to tell you. I didn't talk to you that day because I had soccer. When I showed up at soccer, Brandon James Anderson told me he has a crush on you. He said that if I don't hit you or make mean comments and throw our friendship away, he'll kick me off the team. I couldn't let that happen at the time because I didn't want to embarrass myself or let my parents down. I thought that's what I had to do. I liked you Annabel. I liked you a lot. I didn't know what else to do but to just do as he said and push you and my feelings away." he finishes looking at me with guilt and teary eyes.

The tears were spilling both from me and Dan. I didn't know any of this. I also didn't know what else to do but to pull him into a hug. He hugged me back but it was emotionless. "I'm so sorry." He lets out. "I'm not just going to forgive you for throwing our friendship away, Dan." I say upset. "Then it'll take some time, but it'll be the best wait ever Annabel. I promise." He smiles. I missed that smile. So so much. "I think I better head home Dan thanks for cleani-" I was cut off by Dan pulling my back onto the bed as I tried to get up.
"No."
"Um... What do you mean no.."
"Stay, with me," Dan whined.
"Why," I asked confused.
"I don't trust your mother right now, stay please," he said through pleading eyes.
"Okay Dan, but this is awkward since we haven't talked in a while" I giggle.
"I know. But we can make it not awkward," he whispered in my ear.
He abruptly jerks me down to the bed, making me lay down on his left side. Soccer definitely made him stronger. That's hot. "What movie do you want to watch?" He asked pulling out his laptop. "Anything." I'm not really picky when it comes to movies so I didn't care what we watched. "How about SHREK!" He says with a smirk. I let out a laugh and manage to get out a sentence, "Dan we watched that like 100 times already." that was true, that was our favorite movie that we would always watch. "C'mon please," he whines with a pout. "Fine, Dan."

He puts on a big smile and starts the movie. Naturally, I tangle my legs into his but then pull my legs away when I remembered that this is awkward since we're practically strangers now. "Noooo, put them backk," Dan whines. "What?" I say confused. "Your legs, you always did that when we cuddled," he whines. "Yeah, but I thought it would be weird since we're kinda strangers now," I say looking away. "No, don't say that, I'll make things right again." He says stretching his legs into mine. I wrap my arms around his waist and notice he has freaking abs. "Wow Dan you got some abs," oops k didn't mean to say that out loud. "Soccer, but they probz won't be there for long." He says plainly. "Huh?" Is all I can get out since I'm confused. "I'm quitting the team." He says with a smirk. "No Dan if that's what you like, stay on the team. I don't determine whether or not if you're on the team." I say sternly. "I want to start spending time with you, like the old days." Well, it's not that bad then if I get to have my best friend back. "Okay, do what you want Dan." I say with a smile hugging his waist again. Shrek gets boring when you watch it over 20 times. So I decided I'll try and fall asleep while Dan enjoys his little movie sesh.