Chapter 4 - Game Time

Written by Savage Lips Tahnee

THE NEXT MORNING

HYUN HEE'S POV

Music blasted through the speakers as I cruised down the highway. The speed of the car caused the cold wind to blow through my hair. Simultaneously awakening me even more as it's hitting my bare skin.

But this isn't like the movies. My hair was actually a mess because of it, and I had to often comb my fingers through my hair to get it out of my face.

Did it make me look hot though? I thought to myself as I glanced at my reflection in the rear view mirror. Pfft, what am I thinking? Why does that even matter?

Typical Hyun Hee, always over analyzing things that I think to be my insecurities.

I take the next exit and reach a stoplight. I continue to jam to the latest BTS album, losing myself in every beat.

They were one of my favorite groups to listen to, especially in the car. Our group would get all hype when we went out for drives.

I glance to my right to see two males around my age in the next car over. They were nodding at me and throwing up phone signs with their hands, cockily while laughing.

I return to my initial position and ignore the fuckers, tilting my head as I focused on the street in front of me.

Ugh, freaks. Maybe this is why I'm single. Because my high ass standards actually include guys with respect.

The light turned green and I zoomed past those suckers, hearing my tires screech off.

It's my turn to carpool all of us to school. I made my way towards Ha Hee's home because she was the closest.

Soon enough, I approached her home and double parked.

I reduced the volume of the speakers and pulled out my silver iPhone 7 from my pocket. I dialed Ha Hee's number in my recent contacts. The familiar tone began to ring throughout the car.

Bluuuuurrr...bluuuuurrr...bluu-

"Hello..?" Ha Hee answered, lazily. She must've been staying up awake like how she always does.

"I'm outside! Come out!" I informed her and not a second after, I hung up.

I turned up the volume on the music, vibrating through the seats of my Porsche. I then waited for the girls to arrive. Bopping in the meantime.

Ha Hee had come out of her house, seeming tired as ever. She saw my car and had gotten in the back as I drove to the other girls' houses.

Chan Ra lived close by to Ha Hee so, it didn't take long for her to come out and be picked up. Kyon Rae lived the farthest out of all of us but we'd still pick her up if she didn't want to walk.

Eventually, everyone had entered the car, the doors being shut tight. Kyon Rae took the passenger seat by me while Ha Hee and Chan Ra took the back.

"You look cute today!" Ha Hee complimented me, looking at my outfit as she went over to grab her charger in the glovebox to charge her phone.

"Thanks!" I accepted.

But it's nothing special? It was just a denim on denim look I threw together.